1. Welcome to the CrystalCraftMC website and forums, guest! If you are signing up to get Member, please use your EXACT Minecraft username as your website username to get the Member rank!

What if I knew your Minecraft password?

Discussion in 'Official News & Announcements' started by jflory7, Jun 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jflory7

jflory7 A Purple Jukebox Staff Member Founder Sysadmin

Hey CrystalCrafters,

Imagine for a moment if a hacker knew your account password. Or perhaps your biggest rival on a server. What if you lost everything you worked so hard on to gather?

Sadly, this is something close to a reality. If any of you remember from a few months ago, there was the big Heartbleed security hack that could let a hacker retrieve private information from a website, such as account passwords.

Whether or not this is related to Heartbleed is unknown, but yesterday, an unknown hacker released account usernames and passwords for over 18,000 Minecraft accounts. On top of that, he is threatening to release over 500,000 more.

There's no way to know for sure if you are on these lists or not, but there is one way you can definitely prevent someone from getting into your account if you are on the list.

Please change your Minecraft account password immediately!

The last thing I want to see is any of you lose access to your account because of what a hacker is doing to terrorize the Minecraft community. The hacker who released the Minecraft accounts is the same hacker who has hacked Mineplex and Oc.tc, DDoS attacked several major servers, and took down the Minecraft multiplayer session servers last night.

If you are still using a legacy Minecraft account, I would highly recommend migrating to a Mojang account so your email is required to log into your account, not just your username.

To change your password, please go here.

Again, I emphasize how important it is to change your password – the accounts have already been leaked and there could be more coming. Don't risk losing your Minecraft account because of a hacker. Please be proactive and change your password immediately!

Also, on an additional note, the server staff have been instructed to delete any posts linking to the hacker or his website. He is illegally distributing content stolen from any servers and sharing links with others to his website or pages will not be tolerated. If you share a link to his page, you may be banned depending on the severity of what you share.

Cheers,
    - jflory7 and the CCMC Staff

• Winner Winner x 3
  2. FootMonkii

FootMonkii Active Member

Oh god... I hate all those type of idiot's on the internet...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. todd5747

todd5747 Active Member

I changed my password after the heartbleed thing. The new password was one of the latest and best evar. It should be crazy safe.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.