1. Welcome to the CrystalCraftMC website and forums, guest! If you are signing up to get Member, please use your EXACT Minecraft username as your website username to get the Member rank!

Want some input on the XP Shops?

Discussion in 'Official News & Announcements' started by InfiniteCorners, Jul 13, 2018.

1. InfiniteCorners

InfiniteCorners Commander of Blocks Staff Member

Owner
    Hello again Crafters,

As most of you likely already know the staff team has been working hard to develop a new spawn and rework the shops to make them compatible with the new 1.13 command structure. With all that work under way we've decided that now would be a great time to reevaluate what we're selling in the shops, and get some player input on what you'd all like to be able to buy there. What we sell in the shops hasn't been updated since 1.8 and, input or not, it's time to clear off the shelves and bring in some new inventory.

Below you'll find a list of the different shops and the items currently being sold. Some items are popular and will remain in the shops (such as the dyes) while other shops have open slots that need filled and/or have items we'd be willing to change. The list has been color coded so you can tell which is which. Feel free to offer and suggestions you have for individual shop items or to build a whole new shops list if you'd like. We will determine pricing for the items after we decide what all we'd like to offer so don't worry about adding suggested pricing, we have that covered. Also, remember some items will not likely ever be sold in the shops: such as diamond items, end portal frames, etc. You can suggest it if you want but don't hold your breath waiting for implementation.

Thank you all for your time, we hope to hear from you all soon.
    Happy Mining.
    CCMC Staff Team

Green = Items being kept in the shops
    Orange = Items we're willing change
    Red = Missing items needing replacement

Scholar's Shop

1. Book and Quill
    2. 16 Paper
    3. Painting
    4. Item Frame
    5. Jukebox
    6. Unwritten Map
    7. Human Head

Jouster's Shop (Maybe a totally different shop?)
    1. 5 apples
    2. 10 leads
    3. Saddle
    4. 32 Arrows
    5. - - - - -
    6. - - - - -
    7. - - - - -

Tanner's Shop
    1. 16 Leather
    2. 32 black
    3. 32 brown
    4. 32 red
    5. 32 yellow
    6. 32 green
    7. 32 lapis

Forge
    1. Iron Sword
    2. Iron Axe
    3. Iron Pick
    4. Iron Helmet
    5. Iron chestplate
    6. Iron leggings
    7. Iron boots

Masonry Shop
    1. 64 Andesite
    2. 64 Diorite
    3. 64 Granite
    4. 32 Prismarine
    5. 32 Prismarine Brick
    6. 32 Dark Prismarine
    7. 32 Sea Lantern

Farmer's Shop
    1. 16 seeds
    2. 16 pumpkin seeds
    3. 16 melon seeds
    4. Iron Hoe
    5. 32 Bonemeal
    6. Fishing rod
    7. - - - - -

Curios
    1. Sponge
    2. 10 cobwebs
    3. Slimeblock
    4. Creeper head
    5. Spawner
    6. 32 packed ice
    7. Nametag

Brewer's Shop
    1. Nether wart
    2. Blaze rod
    3. Magma Cream
    4. Ferm Spider Eye
    5. Glistering melon
    6. Golden carrot
    7. Cauldron

2. Party_Wabbit

Party_Wabbit Active Member

Honestly I don’t think anyone buys the iron armor. It might be useful for beginner players but by they time they find enough levels to be able to afford it they should already have a full set. It would make sense if it was cheaper but if I remember correctly it’s like 30 levels for an iron chest plate when you could easily find 8 iron with 2 minutes of mining. I don’t have any ideas with what to replace it with but I just think it’s something you should get rid of.
    Also plz keep the sea lanterns.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Bloktopus

Bloktopus Active Member

Thanks for asking for input! A refresh of the shops will be fun.

What I'd like to still have in the shops for sure, in order of importance (sea lanterns most important):

-sea lanterns
    -prismarine
    -prismarine brick
    -dark prismarine
    -sponge
    -book&quill
    -cauldron
    -granite
    -andesite
    -diorite
    -all the dyes
    -creeper head
    -human head
    -blank map

What I'd like to maybe have added, just suggestions:
    -actually having each dye available, instead of just the primary ones
    -each and every flower!
    --flower pots
    -brick blocks
    -vines
    -lily pads
    -note blocks
    -magma blocks
    -soul sand
    -other mob heads (not whither skull tho)
    -dispensers
    -hoppers
    -perhaps some of the 1.13 stuff (coral? Conduits? Tridents? I dunno, haven't looked too much)

4. InfiniteCorners

Owner
    The iron armor I would like to get away from unfortunately I'm not sure what we'd like to replace it with either. The Forge theme is here to stay because it's a good place to keep Bob the Blacksmith and a public anvil. Iron armor and tools seem like a natural choice but, as you said; it isn't terribly useful. So what would make it a useful shop? Would the armor be useful if it were enchanted or should we try to move to other items? This could be a good home for an Elytra or the phantom membrane used to repair them.

I'm actually pretty surprised anyone wants the prismarine stuff to stay. So, each shop holds 7 items- that is the size they were originally designed and have been rebuilt for. I understand the masonry shop COULD have a great deal of things in it however limiting to 7 items keeps the game from becoming too easy. What if instead of keeping all that prismarine stuff we simply sold prismarine shards- letting you make the individual blocks as you need them? This is the same reason only the primary dyes are sold in the shops- you can't buy any color you want but you can make any color you want with what you buy. That's why I created the list the way I did- I want to know what's REALLY important to you. I mean: would you really want soul sand in the Masonry Shop if it meant quartz or glowstone wouldn't have a home?

As far as heads are concerned- I may end up making a villager to live in the head shop outside the arena. I've been toying with the idea of selling the vanilla skulls, staff skulls, and/or the various MHF_ decorative skulls. This would not be difficult so I wouldn't worry too much about heads in the exp shops.

5. ZuniBBa

ZuniBBa Member

I say Glowstone, Quartz, Bricks, and Nether Brick (like the actual brick not the block) should be added in some way.

As for things that could be removed ; Item Frame, Painting, normal seeds, fishing rod,

As for the Forge Shop, you can replace all the iron stuff currently there Simply with anvils, iron bars. shield, (Water/Lava) buckets maybe, or rails. They all have the iron aspect to it and I feel like they'd be good in general.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Bloktopus

Bloktopus Active Member

For sure this is a good idea

7. Bloktopus

Bloktopus Active Member

Ok @InfiniteCorners , that makes sense.
    I guess the flowers are out... Maybe a Florist villager at the market outside the arena could be fun?

8. InfiniteCorners

Owner
    Absolutely. I could easily see a villager selling flowers for gold ingots.

• Hype Train! Hype Train! x 1
  9. Oluff

Oluff Member

Would love to buy Fireworks

10. Oluff

Oluff Member

Either buying it for levels or trading gold ingots for a fair amount of fireworks

11. InfiniteCorners

Owner
    Can you be more specific? There are a lot of fireworks out there and whether you want them for visual display or to propel an elytra would be 2 totally different items.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. MCMCaveman

MCMCaveman Well-Known Member

Replace the iron armor with chainmail armor since it is not craftable.

Add gunpowder for crafting rockets, or just make the Tier 3 Rockets purchasable.

Make all the mob heads available for purchase and maybe the MHF Heads.

Does the Fortune X on a potato still work for massive crop farming for villager trading? That might be a fun gimmick.

Just for humor, make a shop trade that gives 1xp bottle for 1 level of xp. :D

Maybe make Dragons Breath available, so that players can make the special arrows.

• Like Like x 2
  13. InfiniteCorners

Owner
    I could see dragon's breath and gunpowder finding a home in the brewing shop. We discussed adding a villager to handle heads... probably for diamonds so that should appear eventually too. I really like changing the armor to chainmail idea- I hadn't even considered that because we used to sell fire blocks that could be used to craft it but with those long gone the chainmail is a great replacement idea.

1xp Bottle for 1 level... I don't think that would ever be used. Jokes are all well and good but that seems like a curio item and I'm sure we have better options for that shop.

A fortune 10 potato should still work however making beyond vanilla enchantments readily availible is something I think most of us want to stay away from.

Thanks for the input, those were some useful ideas.

14. InfiniteCorners

Owner
    Well, it appears that this thread has pretty much served its purpose. I thank you all for your input and hope you enjoy the additions being made. Of course these items and prices can always change and if anyone else wants to weigh in you're welcome to do so but, as of now, these are the alterations being made:

Scholar's Shop
    1. Book and Quill
    2. 16 Paper
    3. Painting
    4. Item Frame
    5. Jukebox
    6. Unwritten Map
    7. Human Head Noteblock 2lvls

Jouster's Shop (Maybe a totally different shop?)
    1. 5 apples
    2. 10 leads
    3. Saddle
    4. 32 Arrows
    5. Loyalty 3 Trident 50lvls
    6. Infinity 1 Bow 40lvls
    7. Unbreaking 1 Iron Horse Armor 30lvls

Tanner's Shop
    1. 16 Leather
    2. 32 black
    3. 32 brown
    4. 32 red
    5. 32 yellow
    6. 32 green
    7. 32 lapis

Forge
    1. Iron Sword
    2. Iron Axe
    3. Iron Pick
    4. Iron helmet Chainmail helmet 10lvls
    5. Iron chestplate Chainmail chestplate 15lvls
    6. Iron leggings Chainmail leggings 10lvls
    7. Iron boots Chainmail boots 10lvls

Masonry Shop
    1. 64 Andesite 64 Wool 20lvls
    2. 64 Diorite 64 Nether Bricks 10lvls
    3. 64 Granite 64 Quartz 10lvls
    4. 32 Prismarine 64 Prismarine Shards 5lvls
    5. 32 Prismarine Brick 64 Bricks 10lvls
    6. 32 Dark Prismarine 32 Glowstone 20lvls
    7. 32 Sea Lantern

Farmer's Shop
    1. 16 seeds
    2. 16 pumpkin seeds
    3. 16 melon seeds
    4. Iron Hoe
    5. 32 Bonemeal
    6. Fishing rod
    7. 16 Beetroot Seeds 4lvls

Curios
    1. Sponge
    2. 10 cobwebs
    3. Slimeblock
    4. Creeper head 16 Magma Blocks 10lvls
    5. Spawner
    6. 32 packed ice 64 Ice 10lvls
    7. Nametag

Brewer's Shop
    1. Nether wart
    2. Blaze rod
    3. Magma Cream
    4. Ferm Spider Eye Dragon's Breath 10lvls
    5. Glistering melon 16 Gunpowder 10lvls
    6. Golden carrot
    7. Cauldron Phantom Membrane 20lvls

NOTE: Villagers that sell heads and flowers for diamonds and gold respectively are planned beyond shop contents.

15. Oluff

Oluff Member

These changes looks very good, exactly what we need to spice up the shops & server in general