1. Welcome to the CrystalCraftMC website and forums, guest! If you are signing up to get Member, please use your EXACT Minecraft username as your website username to get the Member rank!

Unexpected server outage, May 25 - 27

Discussion in 'Official News & Announcements' started by jflory7, May 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jflory7

jflory7 A Purple Jukebox Staff Member Founder Sysadmin

Hello CrystalCrafters,

Today, I was alerted to sad and unfortunate news. For those of you who were not aware, the CrystalCraftMC servers and TeamSpeak3 are hosted on my university's network at the Rochester Institute of Technology. Unexpectedly, I received a notification about a scheduled power outage.

Downtime
    The server will be unavailable (at a minimum) during these times.
    • May 25th, 2016, 5:00pm - May 26th, 2016, 7:00am US EST
    • May 26th, 2016, 5:00pm - May 27th, 2016, 7:00am US EST
    It's unclear whether the server will be able to be restored in the interim periods (there may have to be someone physically plug certain hardware or set things back up in the room). I am no longer on campus for the summer so I am unable to do so myself. I am in contact with the group that is hosting CCMC's infrastructure and hope to have it online as soon as possible.

The website will not be affected by this downtime.

TeamSpeak3
    For those of you looking for a place to hang out in the meanwhile, I encourage you to use the SpigotMC TeamSpeak3 server for the time being. You can connect to this server at talk.spigotmc.org. Some of the server staff have already stated they will be using this server in the meanwhile while ours is down.

Getting caught up
    As many of you also might already be aware, I have not been extremely active in past weeks. I only just finished my university exams last week, and did a lot of traveling this past weekend. I will be working three jobs over the summer, but I hope to have time to get caught up on messages, applications, and other news. I appreciate everyone who has been waiting patiently and I hope to be fully caught up by June 3rd.

Thanks for your patience, CrystalCrafters, and I hope to see you back online again very soon. :) If you have any other questions, please direct them to this thread for the quickest response. Thanks!!

Cheers,
    - jflory7 and Staff

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Material_

Material_ Community Blacksmith

Could we like get a free diamond for every hour of down time?:diamond::diamond::diamond::ccmc::ccmc::ccmc:;):p

3. Party_Wabbit

Party_Wabbit Active Member

That's a great idea :D

4. Armed_Unicorn

Armed_Unicorn Member

YAAAS plaz do agree with this XD

5. Natzic

Natzic Natzic.exe has stopped responding. Sysadmin

How about a free piece of dirt. :p

6. ezlmaoo

ezlmaoo Active Member

can we get skeleton, villager, ghast, creeper, witch, spawn eggs thx

7. jflory7

How about some Dirty Dirt? ;)

8. dellman135

dellman135 Prune Juice.

Sounds good to me! @jflory7, you should leave the command block on to infinitely give it to @Marshox66. :)

9. jflory7

I'm running some maintenance on the website now to upgrade certain software we're using. Watch Twitter for the fastest updates of the progress.

10. jflory7

All website upgrades complete, everything should be in tip top shape from here on out. Cheers!

11. Jacc734

Jacc734 President Bacon

Awesome, looking forward to some mc tomorrow night then :)

12. Armed_Unicorn

Armed_Unicorn Member

I TRIED PLAYING AT 11 AM ON THE 26 U LIE

13. Jacc734

Jacc734 President Bacon

I believe he said there would be an effort to get it online between those times, but didn't promise it would be online between outages. Given the power was going off again after the break times I would assume the people at RIT decided against booting up servers (or student servers at least) just to shut down them down again a couple hours later. Computers in general can take a while to boot, setup, and initialize processes - to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if some of the functions of their system were just starting by the time they would have to shutdown again. Servers would make for an interesting business (albeit, I am just typing away with a hypothetical idea of what is happening, and no actual knowledge related to server farms lol).

14. Material_

Material_ Community Blacksmith

Rest In PowerOutage, CCMC. RIP :\

15. Armed_Unicorn

Armed_Unicorn Member

COME ON I NEED ON I GOT MAGE THURS. AND NEVER GOT TO USE IT :mad:

16. CrissCrisis

CrissCrisis Active Member

I never realized how much I needed CCMC. :(

17. dellman135

dellman135 Prune Juice.

All, I have been in contact with @jflory7 he has said he is trying to get in contact with some people from his campus but they are being un responsive, so please hold tight. All they need to do is push to power button xD at least I think...

Much down. Much no play. Much sad. Much no hype.

~Cheerio
    dellman135

18. CrissCrisis

So will the server be up today?

19. dellman135

dellman135 Prune Juice.

Ahh....well....ahh...RUNS

Maybe?

20. CrissCrisis

If its not I'll flip out!!!