1. Welcome to the CrystalCraftMC website and forums, guest! If you are signing up to get Member, please use your EXACT Minecraft username as your website username to get the Member rank!

UHC Event

Discussion in 'Network Suggestions' started by dellman135, Mar 17, 2015.

1. dellman135

dellman135 Prune Juice.

Hello CrystalCrafters dellman135 here, i would like to ask you guys would you ever play a UHC, on CrystalCraftMC? If you dont know what UHC is its Ultra Hard Core. But this is kinda different this is the the game version of UHC. Its kinda like everyone gets teleported around 0,0 using the /spreadplayers command. If i was the host i would make the border 2,000 blocks and shrink all the way back down to 0,0. If we were to do this maybe we could do teams it all depends. But their are many server that have this and its really fun. Maybe CrystalCraft could try this on a Saturday or Friday but the only bad part is...you need another server to do it thats the only bad thing. I just though i would bring this up and see peoples opinions.

MORE info: You get tped around 0,0 then you hunt for players as the border moves only health pots and golden apples regen you then you find people and fight to the death :). Hopefully this gets put into consideration. :swords::ccmc:

• Like Like x 1
  2. ezlmaoo

ezlmaoo Active Member

Certainly would be interesting, and the winning team could get a prize of some sort =D

3. dellman135

dellman135 Prune Juice.

Never thought of that yah thats a good idea!

4. MCMCaveman

MCMCaveman Well-Known Member

I was going to host a UHC on my realms last summer, but i had too many other things on my plate. I think i will re-look into this with all the 1.8 features.

5. jflory7

jflory7 A Purple Jukebox Staff Member Founder Sysadmin

I'm certainly not opposed to creating a temporary server to fool around with. I just wouldn't want to make a permanent server like we did with Creative / SkyBlock, as they weren't as active nor popular as survival.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. dellman135

dellman135 Prune Juice.

Its only like 1-2 hours thats all

• Like Like x 1
  7. Etho_

Etho_ Member

A UHC Event sounds awesome! I think teams of 4 or maybe even Solo would work.

8. jflory7

jflory7 A Purple Jukebox Staff Member Founder Sysadmin

Certainly not opposed to trying this out in the near future.

9. fortify45

fortify45 Member

I love the idea too. Get a good number of players in on it, boot up a temp UHC server and have a good time. :D But of course, the key is to get enough people to make it worthwhile. I would like to see some output from some of the other players on if they like the idea as well or not.

10. Echophox

Echophox The GIF King

I'd love to do that. Maybe we could even all record it. Or, pair up a Youtuber with a non Youtuber or something! Then we can all share our perspectives and make a real fun Youtube event out of it!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. todd5747

todd5747 Active Member

I tried this on a different server once... I lasted all of... a minute or two? I was unfortunate to get attacked by someone before I was even done collecting wood.

12. Echophox

Echophox The GIF King

Well, we could play like the folks at Mindcrack. No killing in the first 20 minutes. That way everyone get's at least one episode. And we won't have hundreds of people. I imagine us mustering up 20 people tops that can all make their schedules work together.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Jwood9198

Jwood9198 Member

I would play.. sounds like fun.

14. thunder_rain

thunder_rain Member

I love this idea but im concerned about the team sizes because you have small teams on ccmc and bigger ones and leaving people left out isn't fair nor is having teams with more player then others.

15. MCMCaveman

MCMCaveman Well-Known Member

I have seen a team randomizer in minecraft before, you just input # of players and then size of teams, and it automagically divides all logged in players.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. thunder_rain

thunder_rain Member

That could work but it could also cause fights on the teams.

17. Echophox

Echophox The GIF King

Teams would be even. I'd suggest teams of 2's. One Youtuber, one regular. Or if we have many, then double up Youtubers as needed. Uneven teams would be stupid. Nobody's gonna let that happen.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. UltimateAFS

UltimateAFS Actually A Bear

I've played QUITE a lot of UHC, so I kind of know the game...
    Pretty much this. Teams always have to be even, and usually have are anywhere from everyone solo to teams of 4. Only reason teams would be uneven is if, say, one member got blown up in a desert temple in the first few minutes.
    Honestly you should have nothing to worry about with this happening. Usually there's a 10-20 minute grace period, usually the latter due to the game being 2-3 hours long, with rules against stalking at the time too, so you cant literally follow someone for 20 minutes then kill them when PVP is allowed.

One other thing is that there can be either a shrinking word border or a sort of "meet up" time. The world border would probably be harder to do, but using the meet up time would probably have a smaller world anyway.

I'll link a few episodes of a UHC that I've watched on youtube as well, so anyone who doesn't really know what it is can get an idea.

This is only about half the game, but this is a general idea of what it is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. dellman135

dellman135 Prune Juice.

SethBling uses this command, say their are 3 people each team this is how it would work:
    ./scoreboard teams join red @r[team=,c=3]

./scoreboard teams join Black @r[team=,c=3]

./scoreboard teams join Blue @r[team=,c=3]

./scoreboard teams join Yellow @r[team=,c=3]

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. todd5747

todd5747 Active Member

I just realized I've farmed melons before... stockpiled gold blocks... and never made healing pots for pvp. Or golden apples though. I guess I should practice. :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1