1. Welcome to the CrystalCraftMC website and forums, guest! If you are signing up to get Member, please use your EXACT Minecraft username as your website username to get the Member rank!

The hub, beta testers needed, and the EULA

Discussion in 'Official News & Announcements' started by jflory7, Jun 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jflory7

jflory7 A Purple Jukebox Staff Member Founder Sysadmin

Hey CrystalCrafters!

June is shaping up to be an awesome month, and staff has been hard at work to make this summer one of the best yet! Last night, we made public one of the many projects we are working on, and believe me, there's more to come!

The Hub
    For those of you who have already seen it, CrystalCraftMC now has its own lobby that players can connect to access other minigames or gamemodes! CCMC has been only survival for almost two years, and we figured it was time to mix things up a bit and give you guys more options to have fun on CCMC!

Immediately, you'll probably notice the portals to different servers if you type /server lobby. Currently, the only portal open is the survival portal, which goes to the world that is currently up.

The other two options you'll notice is SkyBlock and Survival Games. Many of you are familiar with these minigames on Minecraft servers already, and they will finally be making an appearance on CrystalCraftMC!

We're aiming to open SkyBlock this month and open Survival Games in July, so for now, you'll have to remain patient as staff works hard at tweaking the experience to make sure it's as great of an experience as we can make it!

Beta Testers
    Well, maybe you're just not the patient type!

If you're not, then we may be able to use your help. @jflory7 and the rest of staff may not know as much as some of you guys about what's fun and what isn't, so we want beta testers to help us tweak the new minigames to be a fun and fair experience for everyone!

To be a beta tester, it will require a level of commitment and deep thinking on your part. In exchange for early access and a few benefits, we ask that you will help us test certain settings and help represent all the players to help staff make a unique experience that will be fun for others. It will be your job to play these minigames and tell us what you think is good, what needs improvement, if something is overpowered, and so on.

In exchange for your help, we offer you two unique benefits on the new servers:
    • SkyBlock: Special bonus to your SkyBlock chest
    • Survival Games: Beta Tester Kit
    If you are interested in helping us beta test, you will need to send a basic application to jflory7 through the website. In your application, you will need to answer the following questions. Whether or not you are chosen to become a beta tester is based on how you answer the questions.
    1. How long have you been playing on CrystalCraftMC?
    2. When are you generally available?
    3. Why do you want to be a beta tester?
    4. How could you help us in ways other might not?
    5. Are you interested in beta testing SkyBlock, Survival Games, or both?

EULA Talk
    For those of you who have been following the drama and talk about the Minecraft End-User License Agreement, I have been following this diligently as well and I am aware of what is going on.

At the current moment, there will be no change to the webstore or anything in the store; however, in the upcoming future, we are going to be changing the store to obey the statements in the EULA. For now, this has no effect on you, so I wouldn't be concerned. A lot of people have been blowing it out of proportion, so if you hear doom-and-gloom stories from others, they aren't true.

Regardless of the upcoming changes, I want to emphasize the fact that no matter what happens, paid ranks will always be honored to the day of their expiration or the day when this server stops (which is definitely not anytime soon).

Conclusion
    I hope this gives you all the news you've been waiting for! I'm certainly excited for this summer, and so is the rest of staff. Stay tuned for further updates in the near future!

Also, for the latest info, make sure to like our Facebook and follow our Twitter!

Cheers,
    - @jflory7 and Staff

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jwood9198

Jwood9198 Member

Hello, I would be interested in beta-testing some- here's my application:

1. I've been playing on CrystalCraft since December of 2013.
    2. I'll be online most nights besides weekends, & tuesdays.
    3. I am interested in beta testing so that I can observe the game mechanics, and make suggestions to maximize the experience for everyone. + I get to play early lol.
    4. My platform of making suggestions will be orchestrated around my incentives- which are to help the server's new minigames be as fun for everybody as possible- with that at heart, I will truly be putting forth an effort both time-wise & mentally. I hope to both fix issues & make cool suggestions.
    5. I'm most interested in beta-testing survival games- (just curious what games are withing 'survival games'? Is it what we discussed with McMorkey, IC and others that night?). Although I'm happy to beta-test skyblock as well, I just don't know what it is nor have experience playing it elsewhere.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dev10k

Dev10k Member

I would like to apply to be a beta tester as well. I do not have much experience with minigames, however, I do a lot of skyblocks, and am willing to give my honest opinion to whatever situation is at hand.
    1. I have been on CCMC since the beginning of last November.
    2. I have recently been rebecoming a part of the server as, I have left for a few months. I however am on everyday, usually during the evenings or mornings.
    3. I want to beta test, because this gives gives me an opportunity to help the server, and I have found beta testing to be a fun experience in other games such as Halo Reach, Battlefield 3, LEGO Universe, and many other games.
    4. There are not many reasons you should choose me over someone else. However, I am smart, and I like to help with things like this especially if it is to the benefit to the community I am involved in.
    5. I would like to test both the Skyblock, and the Survival Games.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Disastrous10k

Disastrous10k New Member

I would like to apply to beta test these mini-games I have done a lot of sky blocks recently.
    1. I have been on since last November but i took a really long break, but i want to come back on soon.
    2. pretty much most of the day is when i'm available.
    3. I have beta tested some other games like Halo Reach, Lego Universe and other games.
    4. I honestly think that there isn't any reasons to pick me over some one else, but I would like to help the sever with this so every one can enjoy it.
    5. I would like to beta test both games.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MCMCaveman

MCMCaveman Well-Known Member

Greetings Jflory7,

I will post my application on the forums in-addition to this PM I am sending you. Here are my responses to the Beta-Tester Application Questions that you have asked to be answered.

1. How long have you been playing on CrystalCraftMC?

I have been on CrystalCraftMC since the beginning of August 2013, but i have been playing Minecraft since November 2011.

2. When are you generally available?

I am generally available to play only on Saturday and Sunday overnights. I sometimes have time to hop on during the early evening on weekdays once in awhile.

3. Why do you want to be a beta tester?

I would like to be considered for beta-testing mainly because it sounds like fun. I love playing Minecraft and CCMC has been my sole home (server speaking) for 10 months now, and I would love to be able to help work with the staff's plan of expanding the game-play and capabilities of the server.

4. How could you help us in ways other might not?

I can think a few ways in which I can help that others cannot:
    a) I suck at parkour! But you ask how is that helpful? If there are any areas in the maps that have any parkour-style zones, I am the one to test those spots to see if a noob can do it (so that a player won't get to the point of becoming so frustrated that they rage quit the game).
    b) I have my YouTube channel (which is pretty much dedicated to CCMC). I would be able to do promotional and sneak-peek videos for the new mini-games. Also, I would be able to record for visual record any areas or issues that I might come across while I beta-test.
    c) On weekends overnight when I am on, I can dedicate a solid and steady 6-8 hours of game-play to the beta-testing
    d) With my military and security training in tactical offense and defense movements, I could find map areas that might make a players too OP in a defensive or offensive stronghold.

5. Are you interested in beta testing SkyBlock, Survival Games, or both?

I have not had very much experience in Survival Mini-games and have not had any experience in SkyBlocks. So, I would prefer testing mainly the Survival games, but i am willing to learn and test Skyblocks too.

Thank you for your time.
    ~Caveman

• Like Like x 1
  6. UltimateAFS

UltimateAFS Actually A Bear

Totally interested in this!

How long have you been playing on CrystalCraftMC?

I've been playing CCMC since early January 2013, but ive been playing minecraft since its full release 3 years ago.

When are you generally available?

Right now, not very often, but in July ill be available 1-11 PM on weekdays, and 10AM-midnight on weekends.

Why do you want to be a beta tester?

I've loved playing on CCMC since I first joined, and i think that becoming a beta tester would help out the server i love while having fun helping out with the testing.

How could you help us in ways other might not?

I'm what some would call a survival games addict. On the server i play on, i have over 1000 wins, 3 weeks in time alive, and im ranked 225th in the world. That being said, my knowledge of the gamemode is a lot more in depth than the average person. I could help pinpoint OP places in the gamemode, as well as help out with ideas in terms of items, gameplay, etc.

Are you interested in beta testing SkyBlock, Survival Games, or both?

Because of what's said above, mostly just SG. I've played skyblock all of once, but i could be interested in that as well.

P.S. on a completely different note, you may want to change the dirt under the fountains in the hub to a block thats a bit more preferable...

• Like Like x 1
  7. jflory7

Thanks for the applications, guys! Could you please send this to my inbox? I'm trying to keep all the applications in one place and I will respond to them all soon in private. :)

8. JesterCopperpot

JesterCopperpot Active Member

I've been playing sense July 17, 2013
    I can be on everyday
    I want to be a beta tester because i feel as if i can lend a helping hand in the crystalcraft community
    I could do many things many can't , for example, I have a very keen skill in the knowledge of command blocks and redstone.
    And finally, i want to beta test both because i can help with the plug ins for both of the servers.

9. PollyFeather

PollyFeather Member

hello i would like to apply for beta tester.
    Ive been playing CCMC since january 2013

I am usually on everyday

i know lots of glitches and could test them to see if they were in the worlds .

i want to be a beta tester because i am a great helper and i play both of them with family who loves skyblock and survival games

Thank you for taking the time to read this and i hope you consider me to be your next beta tester

10. jflory7

Shoot this into my inbox, please. :)

11. PollyFeather

PollyFeather Member

how do i shoot it to your inbox?

12. PollyFeather

PollyFeather Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.