1. Welcome to the CrystalCraftMC website and forums, guest! If you are signing up to get Member, please use your EXACT Minecraft username as your website username to get the Member rank!

The Answers to All of Your Questions

Discussion in 'Official News & Announcements' started by jflory7, May 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jflory7

jflory7 A Purple Jukebox Staff Member Founder Sysadmin

Hey CrystalCrafters,

Finally, after a couple weeks, this is the post many of you have been waiting for. The staff and myself have been working diligently on the server and planning out all of the big things coming up, and we finally have an official statement to make for the future.

In this post, I am going to be talking about four things:
    1. World Reset
    2. New Staff Ranks
    3. TeamSpeak
    4. New Shop Payment Option

World Reset

I think this has been the largest and most important thing that many of you have been waiting to hear about.

If you've been following on the forums lately, we have been discussing the possibility of a world reset. Sadly, we do not have any other option than to reset the world because the overworld has grown to a monstrous 70GB, and continues to grow every day. Our server's hard drive can only contain 92GB maximum, and we are dangerously close to running out of room again.

For those of you who have been around for over a year, you may remember when this happened last July and last December… we want to make sure everyone has more time to move worlds without the risk of running out of hard drive space before the deadline. It is our goal to make this process as easy and simple as possible.

If you weren't here in December, what we allowed for our players to do was to travel between the new and old world freely by way of a portal. This portal was kept open for roughly two weeks before it was closed down and the old world was deleted. We are planning on doing this again for the upcoming world reset.

So, to help you plan out what to do, I have some definite aspects that will happen in the new world.
    1. There will be a world border of 5,000,000 in each direction from spawn.
    2. The Nether will have a world border of 50,000.
    3. The End will have a world border of 1,000.
    4. There will be a portal to connect the new world to the old world for a period of two weeks.
    5. There will be two paid options to move bases.
      1. Base Move: To move an entire base, regardless of size, it will cost $20. Your base will be planted at the same coordinates that it is currently. If your base is beyond the world border, you will be able to choose any set of coordinates within the border freely.
      2. Two-Way Portal: For $5, you can have a direct two-way portal created between your old base and any location in the new world. This will help make moving things over easier, but it will not include an actual copying and pasting of your current base.
    Now, the next biggest question you have is likely going to be when. Fortunately, I have an answer for that question as well. The new world will be opened this Friday on May 30th, 2014. From that point on, the portal will be opened for a period of two weeks until June 13th.

Originally, I wanted to wait until 1.8 was released, but after seeing Dinnerbone's tweet that 1.8 has been pushed back by a couple of months, I don't think it's worth the risk to wait until then.

Also, if there is one thing you should read, it's this… I cannot guarantee the hard drive will last until June 13th. In the past, we actually ran out of hard drive space during the world reset process, and we were unexpectedly forced to delete the old world. That could very well happen again. You need to move your things over almost as soon as the new world is created.

If the hard drive runs out of room again, I will delete the old world and there will be NO chance of recovering anything after that point. You have been warned.

Starting Friday, new options in the shop will appear that allow for people to purchase base moves and two-way portals.

If you have any questions, please let me know in this thread!

New Staff Ranks

As some of you may have noticed in the past two weeks, some of our moderators were wearing "Super Mod" tags. To prepare for summer, we are introducing a few new staff ranks to help keep the server balanced and in order. The new ranks are as follows:
    • Chat Moderator
    • Senior Moderator
    • Super Moderator
    The Moderator rank has been broken into three separate classes. Each rank has different abilities, but any moderator should be able to assist you. Super Moderators are the highest, followed by Senior Moderators and then normal Moderators. For the most part, this will not take effect until the near future, but we are planning to introduce it very soon!

As for Chat Moderators, this is an old rank we are reviving after a few months of dormancy. The purpose of this rank will be to offer mature, responsible players an ability to help the server without having the give up the PvP, raiding, and griefing. All a Chat Moderator will be able to do is mute other players, and this should help us keep control of the obscene players who slip on during the early morning lulls or even periods where there just aren't any staff on. For the time being, we currently do not have any Chat Mods, and we will be reaching out to a few players who we would like to assist the team as Chat Mods soon.

For now, there is no way to apply for Chat Moderator, and it we will only be asking certain players for the time being. If you ask us to be one, your odds will greatly decrease!

TeamSpeak3 Server

Our plan for our Mumble server is finally coming to an end, and with it, we have finally made the migration back to TeamSpeak3! We officially set up the server last night, and it is all ready for you to connect and join us! You can download TeamSpeak3 from this page (you'll want the Client version for your operating system), and then you can log in using the same IP as before! Fortunately, no port will be required. To connect, use this IP:
    • TeamSpeak3 IP: voice.crystalcraftmc.com
    Using that should get you right on! If you have any issues connecting, please leave a message in this thread. Or, if you and your team would like a permanent private channel on the TS3 server, please contact me privately.

Now Accepting: BitCoin

As part of trying to offer as many flexible options for our players, we have now added an option to purchase server ranks and kits using BitCoin! During the checkout process on the web store, you should see an option to pay with BitCoin instead of with PayPal.

If this option works best for you, please feel free to try it out! It is currently in an experimental phase as we gauge how popular it may be for people who prefer BitCoin.

We may even offer special discounts on packages if you use BitCoin… more news on that later!

To conclude…

I think I have covered most of all of the important things happening to the server. I am very excited for the future, and I can't wait for this summer to get started!

If you have any questions about anything discussed in this thread, please reply down below and I'll respond as soon as possible.

Thanks everyone!

Cheers,
    - jflory7 and CCMC Staff

Last edited: May 29, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  2. ernie1234

ernie1234 New Member

This is better news than I originally thought. At least I'll get a chance to move my stuff to the new world before the deletion of the old world! :)

Also is the new world an exact copy of the old world aka the same world seed?

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  3. jflory7

Yes, the seed will be the same.

4. InfiniteCorners

InfiniteCorners Commander of Blocks Staff Member

Owner
    Sounds good BUT with a worldborder of 5million shouldn't the nether border be 652,000 or less to prevent portals from being built that would attempt to bypass the border?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. jflory7

Ohh? I did not know this was possible. How far can portals go away from their corresponding position in the Nether?

6. Agrazil

Agrazil New Member

One block inside the nether means 8 blocks in the overworld.
    Also, what does it mean that the world will be the same?
    What I'm interested in is that if my base of operations is near an NPC Village, then that NPC Village will be there in the new world?

7. FootMonkii

FootMonkii Active Member

Cool we will have chat mod's! I really don't like it when people cuss up a storm when my sibling's are watching/playing on the server or if my mom or dad JUST HAPPENS to look what I'm doing and all they see is a cuss storm. Same seed sound's fine, and I might consider using the two way portal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. jflory7

Yes, as far as I know, it should be the same default village.

9. CelestialWarrior

CelestialWarrior New Member

Provided that we use the same seed when generating the new world, there would still be a village at that location.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Gafgarian420

Gafgarian420 New Member

What he is saying is that since one block in the nether is eight blocks in the overworld, if the Nether border is set to 1mil and the overworld set to 5mil. Someone could build a nether portal at the edge of the 1mil Nether border and the game would try to drop a new portal 8mil blocks out, which would be 3mil blocks beyond the border.

Not sure what exactly would happen if this is attempted, could rubberband the person back to the border, could kill them, could crash, could actually drop them outside the border with no permissions, etc. So it may be safer to cap the nether at 625k (5mil/8) OR bump the overworld border to 8mil. Needs tested, essentially....

....or leave it...and GIBS will build at 8mil blocks out...untouchable except through a million block nether march ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. MCMCaveman

MCMCaveman Well-Known Member

What time on Friday do you plan on starting the multi-world?

12. CypressXM

CypressXM Member

Will this be Friday at 0001 hours (12:01 AM) EST? Or later in the day Friday?

13. Chief_Hawk

Chief_Hawk Member

great work on this....
    Really!! A world border!! is this going to be a temp border? or a solid 1?
    because the last time i said anything about a world border. i was against it. and still have not changed my mind about it. and i believe u where agree with me on that JFlory. what changed?

14. jflory7

Thanks for sharing that. I wasn't aware. I'll have to revisit the Nether border, then.

Sadly, I am still waiting for some plugins to update that will make copying structures (e.g. all of spawn) happen without lagging the server out. I am unsure if it will be fixed by then, so if it isn't, I will have to crash the server a few times to copy all of the quintessential things over. So, unfortunately, I cannot give a specific time estimate. Please be patient for now!

Sadly, our hand has been forced. :( If you read the other thread about discussing the future and world borders, you can see more info about the world border there.

15. Dunk77

Dunk77 Member

Thanks for the update and for the relocation options! I haven't done this before, so I have a couple noob questions.

1. If I opt for a base transfer, am I correct in assuming the inventories within the base will transfer as well? Or do I have to move it manually?

2. Will our current /homes work in the new world?

Thanks for all of your hard work!

16. MCMCaveman

MCMCaveman Well-Known Member

1: yes chest inventories transfer with a base move

2: jflory said that the same map seed is going to be used so yes, but only if the /home is not outside of the new world border

• Staff Approval Staff Approval x 1
  17. Dunk77

Dunk77 Member

Thanks for the clarification!

18. CypressXM

CypressXM Member

Is the portal up yet?

19. jflory7

Not yet – I'm working out a solution with moving spawn as we speak!

• Like Like x 1
  20. todd5747

todd5747 Active Member

I'm excited about the new world, the world border, everything… I'm also considering trying to survive much closer to spawn… for disk drive space saving. :D

Sadly, I have one rather big issue. I can't play on this internet network. I couldn't even make a wifi LAN connection with my friends pc… and it was in my room. Well, I could have connected via ethernet cable if I'd brought one. So I'm planning on ordering one or a couple of cables, maybe even get a router… XD

But online, I did sign on yesterday evening, and was kicked every time within minutes. It just lags too badly to even leave me in-game standing around to chat. Although I can chat still in Minechat. :D

So… I'm hoping that most of my stuff might get moved over by a friend who I asked for help. But he hasn't replied yet...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.