1. Welcome to the CrystalCraftMC website and forums, guest! If you are signing up to get Member, please use your EXACT Minecraft username as your website username to get the Member rank!

Team Plugin Suggestion [For Chat]

Discussion in 'Network Suggestions' started by Luxuries, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Luxuries

Luxuries Member

Not For Claiming.

I often find myself trying to communicate with my team, now Skype or Teamspeak makes it easy but what if they can't talk at the moment? I'd have to /msg each one of them. I think a team plugin, without claims or anything, just for the purpose of a team chat would be very helpful. This way I can communicate only with them, without the hassle of messaging each one of them.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Natzic

Natzic Natzic.exe has stopped responding. Staff Member Administrator

There is always the option to make a message on the website. :)

3. JesterCopperpot

JesterCopperpot Active Member

This has popped up time and time again and I feel as if it would take away from the SEMI-Vanilla aspect

4. Keyman1986

Keyman1986 New Member

For chat only would be nice

5. jflory7

jflory7 A Purple Jukebox Staff Member Founder Sysadmin

This is an idea that actually has a long history on the server. When our numbers were much higher (upward of 50 members at once), it was much more difficult to maintain the server chat, and it was frequently ordered by chaos. I created an extensive design document for a custom plugin to be created to handle team discussion in a way that would not compromise the chat of the rest of the server.

However, a large turn of events happened since then, so now we're usually anywhere from 5 - 25 people online at once. With these numbers, I think it's in the best interest of the server to keep communications in-game public and open for anyone online. It helps keep the chat active and friendly, and causes less people to enter private communications to talk on the server. Since chat is much more manageable than it used to be, I feel like it's good to have a public and active chat for new players to see when they first log into the server.

Should we ever experience some kind of growth again to the point where we used to be, and chat would become more difficult to manage and keep a hold on, I would consider this idea so that people would have the option to use a private channel only because the public channel was too noisy. But for the time being, I believe it's best to keep things plain and simple for in-game communication, and should anyone want to talk with friends or teams on the server, you can use the server TS3, a Skype / other thing group chat, or a group PM on the forums.

To emphasize, I don't think this is a bad idea, but it definitely alters our player experience as a semi-vanilla server, and I'd only want to consider something like this if it offered clear benefits for keeping chat less chaotic and more organized. However, I don't see that as the case right now, and I think it's best to stick with our values in this case.

6. Keyman1986

Keyman1986 New Member

not any more than a shop does really. lets add this!