1. Welcome to the CrystalCraftMC website and forums, guest! If you are signing up to get Member, please use your EXACT Minecraft username as your website username to get the Member rank!

Soft World Reset

Discussion in 'Official News & Announcements' started by Natzic, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Natzic

Natzic The Sarcastic Admin! Staff Member Administrator

The new world opens on 2017 March 04.
    The old world closes on 2017 March 18.

Additional info about what worlds are affected, what the border sizes are, and Overlord vaults can be found here!

What is a soft reset?
    A soft reset is when we load up another world at the same time as the current one. This will allow you move your items across the worlds. In short, it is a new world with the ability to move your items to the new world for two weeks.

Why are we doing a soft reset?
    After much deliberation and comments from players, the staff team has come to the conclusion to open a new world at the same time as our current world, and to connect them together for two weeks. The current world will be removed once players have moved into the new world within the given time frame. This also allows the new structures and blocks from recent Minecraft updates to generate in a new world too.

How can you move items across worlds?
    You can move your items across worlds in various ways. There will be a portal at spawn that will teleport you into the new world. We currently have two options.
    • Self-moving: You, the player, will bring all of your items through the portal at spawn and bring them to your new base. A side note: if you have more than one set home you can use that as an advantage for easier travel convenience.

• Base copy: This method has been used in previous years and we are happy to bring it back, but we have changed it a little bit. A base copy is when an Administrator takes a copy of your base then brings it over to the new world with all of its components. Your base in the old world will be nuked and destroyed after your base is successfully pasted in the new world with all of its components. This year we have decided not to charge players real money. Instead, we are using vote streaks! Every player is entitled to this “deal,” ONE TIME. Another side note: we will measure to the EXACT block there will be no exceptions for an extra 2 or 3 blocks. *Please mark out the area that you want to be copied with wool or other block that stands out*
      • 2-4 Vote streak = 15x15x15
      • 5-8 Vote streak = 25x25x25
      • 9-12 Vote streak = 50x50x50
      • 13+ Vote streak = 125x125x125

• Personal portal: Currently undecided. Please check this post later for more information.

FAQ

What will the world size be?
    We are making the world smaller. The new size is 100,000. If the server’s player base increase, the world border might increase.

Will there be a new spawn?
    Yes!

Will I keep my paid rank?
    All ranks will transfer over with the appropriate amount of time left on their durations. Since there is an option to move your items, no refreshes will be made.

Will banned players be allowed in the new world?
    No, same as every other soft/hard reset.

Server difficulty?
    The server difficulty will remain at hard.

Will I keep my bedrock vault?
    All current holders of bedrock vaults will still get to keep them in the new world. There may be a special offer to current vault holders to trade their vault for a set of items or a teleport. More details will be announced in the future.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  2. JBreezeOnline

JBreezeOnline Staff Member Trial Moderator

Thank you for the announcement and for the plan - it's very exciting.

Clarifying Questions:
    • Base Copy: How is the destination location determined?
    • Base Copy > Vote Streak: Will "Longest" streak be considered, or only "Current"?
    Thanks again.

3. Natzic

So for your first question about the destination of the base. The way we are going to do it is as soon as find a location in the new world that you want your based moved, you will then get the attention of an administrator to move your base to that location.

Now for your second question. The votes will be your current vote streak.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. JBreezeOnline

I assume we can sufficiently mark out the 8 corners of the cubic area and not mark the entire frame (with ~1500 wool blocks)? ;)

5. Natzic

Haha. All you have to do is mark out the corners. Unless you want to do it that way. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. todd5747

todd5747 Active Member

I have been watching for this post almost daily... now the countdown to the move begins... dang I wish I had a few shulker chests/boxes. But I will only be bringing what I can relocate on my own just to see if I can move it all. XD

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. JBreezeOnline

You could always vote 2 times then stack up to 1680 double-chests into a 15x15x15 space and request a copy. :)

8. Natzic

Shhh. Don't tell people that!:p

9. JBreezeOnline

*Waves hand frantically to Jedi mind trick people into not reading it*

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Echophox

Echophox The GIF King

Looking forward to the fresh start in the new world :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Party_Wabbit

Party_Wabbit Active Member

i would prefer if it was real money because im going to forget to vote ;-; lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Natzic

Well then I suggest setting reminders everyday! :)

13. Party_Wabbit

Party_Wabbit Active Member

is it one time per player or ip?

14. Natzic

1 base move per IP.

15. dellman135

dellman135 Prune Juice. Staff Member Administrator

Woot! Woot!

You should all really thank @Natzic he has been working around the clock to get this post ready and the actual world, you're the bomb Natzic! <3

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. MCMCaveman

MCMCaveman Well-Known Member

Will the old world download be complete... not have all the deleted base moves to the new world?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. DrVonAwesome

DrVonAwesome Staff Member Trial Moderator

This is a great move! The new things are so awesome, minus the purple blocks... ain't nobody got time for that!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Natzic

If we have a world download it will not have the bases that were moved to the new world. We will only remove the section that is moved to the new world. So for example if you have a large base only the part that was moved will be destroyed the rest will stay in one piece.

19. todd5747

todd5747 Active Member

So, I'll leave my base there. Maybe even most of the loot. That way someone playing the single player map one day might come across it. xD

• Like Like x 2
  20. GameLogicYT

GameLogicYT New Member

Lmfao I just realized the 1 vote difference from 12 voting streaks to 13+ is a 1,828,125 block difference. It'd be really sad if someone missed that one vote :confused:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1