1. Welcome to the CrystalCraftMC website and forums, guest! If you are signing up to get Member, please use your EXACT Minecraft username as your website username to get the Member rank!

Sleep suggestion

Discussion in 'Network Suggestions' started by Sqmebqdy, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Sqmebqdy

Sqmebqdy New Member

Hello :)

I played on an old SMP server years ago and I have a vague memory of it having a sleep voting system. At night, if someone got in a bed, the server would say something like "(Player) is sleeping. Click [here] to stop" and if nobody clicked there, then the server would automatically sped up the night until it was day. If someone did however clicked it, the person in the bed would be kicked out. I think this would be a nice addition to the server c:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. dellman135

dellman135 Prune Juice.

Hmm..I like this idea I don't think it would be to bad when there are very little players on late at night. /me wonders if he could put this in CrystalPanel. :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  3. jflory7

jflory7 A Purple Jukebox Staff Member Founder Sysadmin

I'm curious… is it still a thing where if everyone on the server sleeps at night, the game will adjust time of day on its own?

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Sqmebqdy

Sqmebqdy New Member

I believe so, however getting everyone to sleep isn't as easy with people being AFK, etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. jflory7

jflory7 A Purple Jukebox Staff Member Founder Sysadmin

If someone could find an updated and supported plugin to point me to, I'd consider adding it, although I would like some other people in the community to weigh in too with their thoughts.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. dellman135

dellman135 Prune Juice.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Sqmebqdy

Sqmebqdy New Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tethtibis

Tethtibis Faking sanity.

It definitely takes away from the vanilla aspect of the server. It'd feel less natural, however, if I cared about that, I could just click the button, right? My biggest worry is that it might cause strife with other players if someone always clicked no.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Sqmebqdy

Sqmebqdy New Member

On the server I played on, there was never a problem. It would cause convenience to the server and also a reason to have beds.

• Like Like x 1
  10. InfiniteCorners

InfiniteCorners Commander of Blocks Staff Member Administrator

I'd be that guy. Here's my issue: What if I feel like hunting mobs and GuyB doesn't? So I'm out in the wild, hunting mobs by moonlight, and suddenly this stupid message pops up saying it will become day unless I stop what I'm doing (fighting for survival) and click a message. If I don't click the message, maybe I don't see it or don't have the time to do it without dying, then what I'm doing is completely shut down. Even if I do actually get to open chat and click 'No' without dying I don't see anything that would keep GuyB from just laying back in the bed and forcing another vote and putting me back in a situation where casting my vote could get me killed.

I don't like this idea. I shouldn't have to stop what I'm doing and cast a vote just because someone else doesn't feel like dealing with mobs for 7 minutes.

11. Wonckay

Wonckay Active Member

I can confirm, if everyone on the server goes to bed at night, time is automatically sped up to dawn (same happens if you're the only person online and go to bed).

This seems like it'd be pushing the edge on unnecessary and intrusive. Even while assuming it was implemented in a way that wasn't disruptive to gameplay, like others mentioned it could cause problems (and arguments). There's also the issue of potentially spamming it, which would mean putting some kind of protection against it, etc. I really doubt avoiding night is really such a pressing issue to make this kind of thing worthwhile. Interesting idea, though...

12. iDEVLMAN

iDEVLMAN Member

I wholeheartedly agree with everything infinite said. I don't like this.

13. Sqmebqdy

Sqmebqdy New Member

I do understand what you're saying, however it would really only take a second (or sometimes less) to press it. Then, the other person would get kicked out of bed if they tried to sleep again without you having to click it again.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Party_Wabbit

Party_Wabbit Active Member

what happens if the player who's sleeping just keeps spamming the bed even after someone kicks them out?

15. Sqmebqdy

Sqmebqdy New Member

If you try to get back in, it won't let you for that night.