1. Welcome to the CrystalCraftMC website and forums, guest! If you are signing up to get Member, please use your EXACT Minecraft username as your website username to get the Member rank!

Server Upgrades, New Website Launch

Discussion in 'Official News & Announcements' started by jflory7, Feb 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jflory7

jflory7 A Purple Jukebox Staff Member Founder Sysadmin

Hey CrystalCrafters!

I hope you all have been enjoying your private beta of the website so far. I understand that it isn't much right now, but we are working on making it the best possible product it can be, and given as much time as we have with it, I think we will be able to perfect it to our standards.

After the past weekend, I felt an announcement was necessary about the what happened with our server upgrades as well as the future of the new website.

Server Upgrades

We executed our planned maintenance overnight on Friday, February 1st. Our goal was to reformat the server hard drive in order to double the amount of space on there, so that way, we could let all of the different worlds on the server get bigger than what we were letting them be before.

However, we ran into a few technical difficulties doing this, as my planned maintenance ran into some problems when I discovered reformatting the hard drive wasn't the way I thought it was going to be. Eventually, I figured out what I was supposed to do, but it wasn't without significant delay.

As of now, we will probably reschedule server maintenance sometime in February to try doing this again. We will provide advance notice of the planned maintenance on our current website for everyone to see. Stay tuned for details on that.

Website Launch

As you may have noticed, the new website has a new look to it! This style is going to be the final theme for the website, based on feedback and votes we received on our poll from earlier.

As of now, we are planning on making a public launch of the site on April 12th, 2014 for the whole world to access, log in, and register on the site. Up to then, we will be doing a lot of different kinds of testing to make sure that the new website will meet all of our needs for the server, like linking the website to the server. More details on the specifics as we get them.

I am considering moving the new website from private beta to public beta some point in March, so that way, the website URL will be open to the public and anyone can register and mess around with what will be the new website. Hopefully, this will drive some more feedback on the site as well.

As with everything, more details will be announced as they come in. One thing I like about our new website is the home page, and how any news and annoucements I make are on the home page for all to see. I plan to make an announcement every couple of weeks, and hopefully this will help with communicating big things, like these updates in this post, for example.

Make sure you share any feedback on the site with us in the Beta Tester Feedback forum! We would love to hear what you guys think of the site, even if it's just something as simple as "I like it!"

Cheers,
    - jflory7

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.