1. Welcome to the CrystalCraftMC website and forums, guest! If you are signing up to get Member, please use your EXACT Minecraft username as your website username to get the Member rank!

Seriously!?

Discussion in 'Website Discussion' started by CrissCrisis, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrissCrisis

CrissCrisis Active Member

Are you kidding me?!?!? I asked Brookie to stop. AND She didn't and that's being a jerk. 2015-01-22_16.55.18.png 2015-01-22_16.53.47.png I wasn't hurting anyone with the smiles... I told Brookie that I wanted her to stop, and she didn't. I stopped after Infinite told me to stop but I kept talking. And since the staff picks favorites, (Brookie) they protect her with everything. Seriously, I got muted for a month for "Offending Brookie"... Does that seem like crap to anyone else?

2. JesterCopperpot

JesterCopperpot Active Member

@CrissCrisis I'm not trying to offend you, but by posting this you are breaking rule 7 and 10 posting this thread.... you seem like you are cruising for a bruising

3. CrissCrisis

CrissCrisis Active Member

Did you not read it? The staff are choosing favorites... Thats crap

4. jflory7

jflory7 A Purple Jukebox Staff Member Founder Sysadmin

Thread locked

Thread is locked until I have the time tomorrow to make a proper response — I don't have the time right now to respond to a downright rude and offensive thread by a player who doesn't recognize their own mistakes and faults before blaming others or letting loose calls of inequality.

• Like Like x 2
  5. jflory7

jflory7 A Purple Jukebox Staff Member Founder Sysadmin

Thread moved => Player Reports

I'm going to address this as objectively as possible.

In this particular incident, there was something that you completely failed to address in your "report". That particular thing was context.

Whenever players complain about "why we play favorites" when we mute one person for using smilies but not another, they're wrong in the sense that it was not the smilies themselves that was the reason they were muted. It was within the context and intended meaning that the faces were used to imply a certain harmful meaning to another player.

So, first off, let's consider some of your actions preceding your mute.
    I think that one in itself speaks levels about maturity. I don't think I need to say much on this one.

Secondly, your obnoxious "laughter" after a grossly inappropriately named sword was used to make fun of another player was only fueling the fire. You may not have realized it, but you were entering the role of exactly what I would call a bully, either in the context of Minecraft or in real life. If someone was a complete belligerent jerk to another person and you burst out in laughter, what would you call that?

Is that something you would consider normal behavior? For all that is dear and just in this world, I sincerely hope it isn't. Just because this is the Internet does not mean that you have the right and privilege to hide behind a username and be a jerk to other users. When you are sitting at home in front of your computer, you are a living, breathing human — not a pixelated avatar inside of a virtual game, separate from your identity.

On CCMC, just because it's the Internet does not mean that you can get away with hiding behind someone who you aren't. You don't get a "free pass" to do mean things that you would never consider doing in real life.

Your permanent mute was fair and just, not because you were "using smilies", but because you were causing drama and honestly being a bully.

Once you have time to think about your actions, you can write an Unmute Appeal on the site later. Until then, I am not changing my decision.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Staff Approval Staff Approval x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.