1. Welcome to the CrystalCraftMC website and forums, guest! If you are signing up to get Member, please use your EXACT Minecraft username as your website username to get the Member rank!

Rework the way game-joining works + Add spectating

Discussion in 'Network Suggestions' started by Cldfire, Aug 6, 2015.

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes!

100.0%
  2. Meh.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Cldfire

Cldfire Artist

Hello everyone! I've made several observations about CCB that I haven't had time to post yet. I'd like to outline two in this thread.

Currently, there are many different signs that lead to assorted arenas that have been set up. While this option may work for larger servers, CrystalCraft doesn't yet have the player base to sustain such a setup. Which leads me to my proposition:

There should be one sign to join a game.

Now, let me explain. A "game" is not a "round". With this new setup, players would join a game in order to spectate the current round. After that round ends, everyone will be placed in a lobby, where they will be asked to vote for a map and choose their kit. After the allotted time, the next map will be selected and the game will begin. In this way, players don't have to worry about picking the right map or trying to get in a game with someone else. Everyone will be joining one game that will have an infinite amount of rounds on different maps. Of course, as the server expands there might be multiple games going on at once.

Sorry if I butchered that explanation, lol. I think you'll get the gist of it.

I also mentioned the ability to spectate a game after you die (or, with this new system, the ability to spectate a round going on in the game you just joined). This is definitely something that should be implemented.

That's all for now :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. jflory7

jflory7 A Purple Jukebox Staff Member Founder Sysadmin

I definitely agree with the idea about a universal sign to put players into a random lobby with the most players. Our server isn't quite at the size needed to support so many lobbies, but it's difficult to find a way to encourage gameplay with so many unique maps yet a smaller audience. I'll show this suggestion to the developer. :)

As for spectating, it is planned for an upcoming release! https://github.com/nextinfinity/SuperCraftBros/issues/27

3. Saphiria

Saphiria Active Member

What if it wasn't even a sign? What if the second you joined CCB, you went into the game.

4. jflory7

jflory7 A Purple Jukebox Staff Member Founder Sysadmin

Not a bad idea, but should definitely be configurable. I think I might start seriously reviewing the code and brushing up on my Java skills since the main developer is getting ready to head back to school soon.