1. Welcome to the CrystalCraftMC website and forums, guest! If you are signing up to get Member, please use your EXACT Minecraft username as your website username to get the Member rank!

Player Reporting

Discussion in 'Network Suggestions' started by InfiniteCorners, Feb 17, 2018.

1. InfiniteCorners

InfiniteCorners Active Member

Mar 29, 2014
    @Jacc734 I'm going to tag you specifically, since this would most likely take your expertise, but the question is for everyone's consideration. Would it be possible and do you think it would be a good idea to have a plugin where a player could type /report in order to tag the console chat logs and simultaneously alert server staff to an incident? For instance if TrollMaster logs on and starts spamming profanity, I could just type /report and have that deliver inform the staff something has happened, similar to how you are alerted with the ticket system, and post something like REPORTXXX into the console logs that can easily be searched for and singled out using notepad++ or whatever editor you use.
    Player reporting can be annoying and tedious for a player with screenshots, chat logs and filling out a forum posts. I really would be much easier to type a command that would alert staff and tag the evidence. I don't know- just thinking.
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Bloktopus

Bloktopus Active Member

Mar 30, 2014
    100% agree with the above and I think this is a pretty great idea to improve the player experience on the server.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Party_Wabbit

Party_Wabbit Active Member

Jan 20, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. jflory7

jflory7 A Purple Jukebox Staff Member Founder Sysadmin

Dec 4, 2013
    This alone would be awesome. It would also make it easy to find in the server logs when searching, as you mentioned.

Looks viable and interesting! However, the source code isn't open. I have usually only run open source plugins on the server before.