1. Welcome to the CrystalCraftMC website and forums, guest! If you are signing up to get Member, please use your EXACT Minecraft username as your website username to get the Member rank!

Play-by-post D&D Game?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Cragnarok, May 10, 2017.

1. FootMonkii

FootMonkii Active Member

Mar 21, 2014
    I would actually like to play but I believe with my current life situation I won't be able to. Nothing wrong has happened but I'm preparing to get a new job and I'm still trying to work out how I can continue playing with my current D&D group without things clocking heads. :(

2. _stevoism_

_stevoism_ Web activity of OVER 9000! Staff Member Administrator

Dec 23, 2013
    on that note @Cragnarok what is your expected response time per action?

3. Cragnarok

Cragnarok Member

Feb 3, 2017
  4. Cragnarok

Cragnarok Member

Feb 3, 2017
    Pretty quick at the moment, might change depending on work situation.

5. WalkieElite

WalkieElite Future Programmer, hopefully. Staff Member Moderator

Nov 14, 2015
    I wouldn't mind playing if somebody could explain what the game is, what it consists of and how to play lol.

6. Wonckay

Wonckay Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Basically you have the players and the Dungeon-master (DM). The DM sets up a campaign/story for the players to run through and narrates. Throughout the game the players interact with the world, make decision, get into combat etc. Whether an action taken by a player is successful is usually determined by their character's stats and dice rolling. For example, your party is in a dark cave and you decide to try and look around for monsters - you might add up your perception stat and then roll a "d20" (Dice that goes from one to twenty) and add the two together. If the number you get meets the DM's set value for success, you might see there's a monster inside, if not you might not. There are different dice for different situations, but you can find a rolling simulator that has them all at https://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm. The whole adventure continues in this choose-your-own-y way until you succeed or everyone dies.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cragnarok

Cragnarok Member

Feb 3, 2017
    Ok, so I've posted a link to the 5e handbook above. What I need first from everyone is the race and class they'd like their character to be. Don't worry about names yet or background details, anything like that. I'll work with each of you with your characters to establish a bit of backstory within the campaign world. Post your character choice so we can continue.
    For example: Halfling Rogue, Dwarf Cleric, Elf Barbarian, etc.

8. JesterCopperpot

JesterCopperpot Active Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Would we play the ACTUAL game in the messages so we dont get confused with outside interferance?

9. Cragnarok

Cragnarok Member

Feb 3, 2017
    The game will be played in forum posts. we'll create a thread separate from this one that will be for gameplay.