1. Welcome to the CrystalCraftMC website and forums, guest! If you are signing up to get Member, please use your EXACT Minecraft username as your website username to get the Member rank!

Bug Planet Minecraft Voting Website

Discussion in 'Survival Server' started by Buhk, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Buhk

Buhk Active Member

I do not know if this is just a personal problem or a problem with anyone else, but I thought I should say something about it just in case. I do not know if this can be fixed by the crystal craft staff team or if this is just a problem with the planet minecraft website. I've been voting a lot recently, and I can not help but notice that the planet minecraft website never seems to give me my items after I vote, when the rest of the websites do. I'm not saying the staff team is to blame, but I was wondering if this problem is able to be fixed by anyone on the staff team. Thank you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Party_Wabbit

Party_Wabbit Active Member

They already know Steve told me yesterday

3. InfiniteCorners

InfiniteCorners Commander of Blocks Staff Member

Owner
    This has ALWAYS been an issue and there is nothing that can be done to resolve it. It's some unknown issue with PMC's votifier integration. I believe @jflory7 spent the better part of a year going back and forth with the PMC support team trying to troubleshoot the issue and get it resolved but eventually everyone ran out of ideas and it just fizzled out. While I'd like to believe the issue could be figured out and resolved I know a very valiant attempt has already been made and people who know far more about this stuff than I do all walked away scratching their heads.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. jflory7

jflory7 A Purple Jukebox Staff Member Founder Sysadmin

This one is annoying. Somehow, another server "stole" our IP address. I am unable to edit the listing page for PlanetMinecraft because it wants me to reverify the server IP address. But I can't do that because somehow another server listing has taken our IP.

I reached out to their support team many months ago, but never received an answer back, so I forgot to follow-up. I sent a new email to them today so we can hopefully regain access to PMC.

Sorry for the inconvenience. :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. MCMCaveman

MCMCaveman Well-Known Member

If PMC voting is not working, why not just remove the link to vote there?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. InfiniteCorners

InfiniteCorners Commander of Blocks Staff Member

Owner
    Voting is an important part of determining a server's listing location. The more votes a server gets, the higher in the listings it becomes and, the more new players see it. Removing the PMC voting link would result in no one voting, the CCMC server listing dropping to the bottom of the list, and we'd see a total loss of players coming in from PMC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. jflory7

jflory7 A Purple Jukebox Staff Member Founder Sysadmin

Perhaps a notification / tip on the server would be a good compromise until I hear back from PMC support.

• Agree Agree x 1