1. Welcome to the CrystalCraftMC website and forums, guest! If you are signing up to get Member, please use your EXACT Minecraft username as your website username to get the Member rank!

Passing the torch for CrystalCraftMC

Discussion in 'Official News & Announcements' started by jflory7, Feb 24, 2018.

1. jflory7

jflory7 A Purple Jukebox Staff Member Founder Sysadmin

Hi CrystalCrafters,

With a heavy heart, I am announcing my intent to resign as the owner of CrystalCraftMC. However, the server will remain open under new leadership. This post explains what's happening and what to expect over the next few months.

Why I'm resigning

CCMC is a major part of my life. Literally! A quarter of my life thus far was spent managing the day-to-day operations and interacting with the community we've built over time. My experience as owner taught me many things over the years: how to set up servers, what my career interests were, how to build a team to support the server, and how to manage a community. I haven’t always made the right decisions, but it has been a learning process through and through.

My activity on the server decreased since 2015. I moved across the country, started my undergraduate degree, and I'm beginning my career (if you’re interested, you can see what I was up to in 2017 in my Year in Review). A new set of responsibilities and obligations entered my life over the last few years. I've tried my best to balance my time to support CrystalCraftMC and always keep the lights on. But it's become more difficult for me. My time to manage and support the server decreased over the years and I've realized that it's time for me to move on.

It's a sad decision for me to make, but I know it's the right one for me. I love CCMC because of its community. In the long history of the server, we've had ups and downs: updates break all of our plugins, random hackers are let loose, trolls come and go. But the people behind this community are always why I persisted. I've seen many of you grow over the years, in different ways. Some of you I've seen transition from early middle school years into high school, or into college. Others of you have started a new life with a partner or entered into a new world of being a parent. Regardless of what's happened, we've been together for many years and there's something so special and magical to me about everything that’s happened in our community. I’ve learned so much.

Thank you all.

What's happening next

I announced my plans to resign to the staff team and opened the possibility for someone to take on ownership from me and continue on. @Natzicand @InfiniteCorners stepped up and decided to take responsibility for managing the server. Over the next few months, Natzic and Infinite and I are working closely to transition my role as server owner. Our current staff team is also supporting the migration efforts.

I plan to formally "step back" from the server in May. Natzic and Infinite will assume full ownership of the server and the community then. I will remain partially involved with the system administration of the server.

For transparency, I am committing to a few things into the future:
    • Maintaining / hosting website
    • Maintaining / hosting TeamSpeak3 server (Closed)
    • Renewal expenses for domains (crystalcraftmc.com, ccmc.pw)
    All other aspects of managing the server will move to @Natzic and @InfiniteCorners and the staff team.

Server staff

Some of you messaged me recently about staff applications and an interest to participate on the staff team. However, the management of the staff team will no longer be my responsibility. @Natzic and @InfiniteCorners and the team have taken responsibility. Please apply to become a staff member if you are still interested.

Community feedback welcome

The goal of this transition is to give more attention and love to the server than I am able to give. As the new staff team assembles and takes shape, your feedback is important to help the team take on direction for the future of the server. Expect more communication from them in the near future.

Thanks CrystalCraftMC. It's been an honor.

Cheers,
    - Justin​

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Hype Train! Hype Train! x 2
  2. StellBell2866

StellBell2866 Active Member

Thank you so much for everything you've done for the server and for this community! I personally have had the experience of a lifetime here, and that never would have been possible without you, so thank you. Like you said, it's been an honor, @jflory7. We'll miss you! Good luck! Make sure to come back and visit sometime!

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. JesterCopperpot

JesterCopperpot Active Member

sad to see you go. its been a goof 5 years going on 6 of knowing you. I hope to see you again

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Echophox

Echophox The GIF King

I know you'll still be around for a little while...But thanks once again for all you've done for CCMC over the years Flory! You will be dearly missed. But we'll try to do CCMC the same justice you've done it over the years
    [​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Natzic

Natzic Natzic.exe has stopped responding.

Thank you @jflory7 for the incredible past 5 years. I don't know what my life would be like without you and this community. We will all miss you, and the community and I will try our best to give this server/community the respect and attention that you have.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. MCMCaveman

MCMCaveman Well-Known Member

@jflory7 so what is going to happen to your RITcraft server/world? That is where I have been playing on for almost 2 years.

• Like Like x 1
  7. dellman135

dellman135 Prune Juice.

Thank you @jflory7 for everything! From the laughs in TS to the opportunity in becoming staff! I hope you stop by every now and then! We all appreciate and love you.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. DuxV

DuxV Guest

@jflory7, thank you for creating this server. Thank you for creating a place that has allowed an incredible community of people to flourish. I have made true friends here whom I will never forget. Thank you for the chats we've had, for beginning the staff process with me, and for all the hard work you've done. Look forward to seeing you around on the site and good luck with all that you have planned! PS I made a jflory jukebox head in creative, so yeah... :D

• Friendly Friendly x 5
  9. GameLogicYT

GameLogicYT Member

Thank you for taking all the time you've spent on keeping CCMC going and all the effort you've put into it all these years just for us. I extremely appreciate what you've done for us and especially for this community and the family you've created and held on to through this server. There were so many marvelous and priceless times we've had here and it was all because of you.

I especially appreciate how you are passing CCMC on so it'll live on, I will just hope we will be able to keep it as well as you have throughout all this time.
    Again, thank you for all you've done, we will never forget it!

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Wonckay

Wonckay Active Member

Thank you for everything you've done throughout the years making CCMC what it is!

My brother and I came over in 2012, from a server whose community fell apart because of abusive staff and negligent ownership. Here in CrystalCraft we found not merely a professional, but also a friendly and inviting mod team which cared about players and the server. I know over the years you've put a lot of work, not only into setting and maintaining that kind of model but also leading by your own example. Thanks to that work and dedication we've all been able to enjoy not just a quantity of experiences over all these years, but a standard of quality of community that's persevered. So long as we keep it as well as you have throughout all this time, as Game said, remember we'll always be happy to see you!

Thanks for all the memories, and best regards for the future!

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. FootMonkii

FootMonkii Active Member

Thank you Jflory, this is honestly the best semi vanilla server out there. There is no server to match!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. dellman135

dellman135 Prune Juice.

I definitely one up this post. Their is honestly no server like CCMC that actually sticks to its roots for a whole 5 years (and future)! And has a wonderful community!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  13. CGOMER33

CGOMER33 Member

Sad to see you go jflory! But you started and maintained the best semi vanilla server and build a great community around it. Thank you for all you have done!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2