1. Welcome to the CrystalCraftMC website and forums, guest! If you are signing up to get Member, please use your EXACT Minecraft username as your website username to get the Member rank!

Bug nether portal

Discussion in 'Survival Server' started by Party_Wabbit, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Party_Wabbit

Party_Wabbit Active Member

i went through a nether portal and it brought to the top of the nether then i died

2. GameLogicYT

GameLogicYT Member

Did you build the nether portal or find it near spawn

3. Party_Wabbit

It was one from the gold farm lol

4. InfiniteCorners

InfiniteCorners Commander of Blocks Staff Member

Owner
    I will continue looking into this. I was able to verify that, for some reason, your goldfarm portals ARE teleporting you above bedrock. This shouldn't be possible for a couple reasons but the big ones are that the gamecode doesn't even search for portals to link with above axis 128 in the nether and, even if they did, we block the creation of things and building up there. Despite this it seems to be generating the appropriate portal and then putting the player above it. It does this in all testing.

I'll dig through the plugin configs and see if any setting there could be effecting the cross-world teleportation but, atleast for now, I suggest not going through those portals.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Party_Wabbit

Did you see my stuff when you were up there?

6. InfiniteCorners

Owner
    Sorry but there was nothing above the nether when I checked.

7. MCMCaveman

MCMCaveman Well-Known Member

A temp fix would be to make a portal in the nether at the same X/Z coords, but a few blocks just under the bedrock ceiling.

8. InfiniteCorners

Owner
    As I stated earlier- This bug is causing the portal be be generated in the appropriate location but is teleporting him above the nether anyway. There is already a portal 12 blocks under the nether roof where he is teleporting, with all spawn locations around it being valid however it is being ignored. Numerous tests were performed creating and destroying portals and traveling back and forth to try to correct the bug before I responded to this bug report. Creation and placement of additional portals has no effect where his goldfarm portals are putting him.

A band-aid for the situation is that @_stevoism_ broken a couple blocks of bedrock where the portals kep dumping him so hopfully if @Party_Wabbit gets teleported up there again he'll find himself in a little hole, just under the kill height, and be able to teleport out.