1. Welcome to the CrystalCraftMC website and forums, guest! If you are signing up to get Member, please use your EXACT Minecraft username as your website username to get the Member rank!

Minecraft 1.8

Discussion in 'Official News & Announcements' started by jflory7, Sep 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jflory7

jflory7 A Purple Jukebox Staff Member Founder Sysadmin

[​IMG]

This announcement is going to be short and sweet! Probably the biggest question of all that most of you have right now is… what’s the plan for the update?! What’s going to happen?! Fortunately for you, all of this is good news! As some of you may or may not have been aware of already, the server software we use called Spigot has released a protocol update for Minecraft 1.8. All this means is that we will be able to update almost immediately after Minecraft 1.8 is released, but the server will not have any new items or blocks from 1.8 quite yet. Those should be coming quite soon, but I can’t guarantee when they will be coming!

As for the actual update process, I am planning on updating the server to the 1.8 protocol update around 10:30pm EST. Before this, I will be running a complete and total backup of each server to ensure that if something horrible does go wrong, we will have a near immediate backup ready to be deployed to fix the server. However, I am not expecting anything bad to happen as this should be a fairly seamless update.

If you have any 1.8-related questions, please feel free to ask below!

Cheers,
    - @jflory7

2. nicolerocks01012

nicolerocks01012 Guest

What y
    whatdo u mean update. I'm not gonna be on at 10. Will I be left behind? Will I miss out? Will I stay where I was? Will my base still be their?

3. InfiniteCorners

InfiniteCorners Commander of Blocks Staff Member

Owner
    Update simply means we will be switching over to the 1.8 version. After jflory applies the update all future connecting to it will be through the 1.8 version- you won't miss anything. Other than that what he is saying is everything will remain exactly the same until bukkit/spigot releases a 1.8 build at which point the new blocks and structures will be added to CCMC. Don't worry; your base isn't going anywhere.

• Staff Approval Staff Approval x 1
  4. BlackDiamond31

BlackDiamond31 Member

Wait 10:30 tonight?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
  5. FootMonkii

FootMonkii Active Member

So we will be able to use 1.8 skins?

6. MCMCaveman

MCMCaveman Well-Known Member

1.8 skins were implimented with 1.7.10

7. FootMonkii

FootMonkii Active Member

oh Really? I haven't seen any..

8. MCMCaveman

MCMCaveman Well-Known Member

The second layer and the non-mirroring effect on arms and legs were implemented in 1.7.10. The ability to toggle each of the second layer parts on and off is what's new for 1.8. The Alex model is not a 1.8 feature, it will be implemented seperate from a version update.

9. jflory7

jflory7 A Purple Jukebox Staff Member Founder Sysadmin

I found a large gap of time this morning for me to commence the update, so I went ahead and did it. Everything seems to be going mostly smooth so far.

Depends on if they are rendered client-side or server-side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.