1. Welcome to the CrystalCraftMC website and forums, guest! If you are signing up to get Member, please use your EXACT Minecraft username as your website username to get the Member rank!

Minecraft 1.13 Dinnerbone's world breaking

Discussion in 'Minecraft Discussion' started by MCMCaveman, Jul 20, 2017.

1. MCMCaveman

MCMCaveman Well-Known Member

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. MCMCaveman

Dinnerbone just updated his list of changes. I kinda feel sorry for the people who will have to update the syntax in every command block.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. _stevoism_

_stevoism_ Web activity of OVER 9000! Staff Member Administrator

Some of their changes just seem pointless to me. Changing the command wording order but keeping all the same wording.... Others are changes they started a long time ago, removing the shorthand and numeric values. No really a welcome change from me but we'll roll with the punches. Thanks for the updates!

_s_

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. jflory7

jflory7 A Purple Jukebox Staff Member

Owner
    Yikes. We might have to take a close look at the critical command blocks we use on the server. This is definitely helpful to know. It may mean we have a slower update to 1.13 until we have a chance to test and validate that the world doesn't completely die. :p

5. MCMCaveman

With all the overhauls with block renaming, file restructuring, and command coding... makes me wonder why it’s not Minecraft 2.0 (technically 3.0, because the Anvil file format would have been 2.0).

6. jflory7

jflory7 A Purple Jukebox Staff Member

Owner
    Yeah, seriously! And did you happen to hear about the news from Spigot today?

https://www.spigotmc.org/threads/minecraft-1-13-what-to-expect.288714/

"[…] This release will include a lot of long awaited changes and refactorings to both the client and server, and as a result is expected to be the largest CraftBukkit/Spigot release since 1.8, and the largest Bukkit (API) release ever. We have already spent around 50 hours on snapshots and are starting to get a pretty good (although purely speculative) idea of what the impact will be to plugin developers and server owners. […]"

I think this next update might be a bumpy ride. But let's see how it goes!