1. Welcome to the CrystalCraftMC website and forums, guest! If you are signing up to get Member, please use your EXACT Minecraft username as your website username to get the Member rank!

Major Change to Our Hosting

Discussion in 'Official News & Announcements' started by jflory7, Sep 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jflory7

jflory7 A Purple Jukebox Staff Member Founder Sysadmin

Edit: It's been built! Pictures further down in the thread.

Hello CrystalCrafters,

Today, I am excited to finally make a special announcement regarding our server hosting. As some of you may know, I recently moved to Rochester, NY to attend a university in the area. One of the perks of my university is the fast Internet speeds on campus (ranging around 1Gbps, or 1000Mb per second), putting it in the top 1% of Internet speeds on the country. Additionally, my university also has a friendly policy towards students using the network to run their own services or servers through the network.

Throughout all of September, I have been researching the legitimacy of potentially building a server computer to run CrystalCraftMC. I have consulted with local administrators of my university network, a community full of awesome tech nerds, and countless Reddit subreddits for computer building pros, and I have finally reached a point where I am comfortable and ready to make this announcement!

Beginning somewhere in October, CrystalCraftMC will be moving to our own self-hosted server machine for running the server, hosting our website, and managing all of the rest of our services. This change is exciting and will save a considerably amount of money for the duration that the server is online. Additionally, the hardware specs on the new server will actually outperform what we are currently hosting the server on.

I am excited to announce this change, and I am waiting for the parts to arrive over the next few weeks so I can begin building our server machine. I will definitely be posting pictures of the parts as they arrive, so make sure you check out our Instagram to stay in the loop as our new server computer comes together.

Thanks everyone for your three years of support, and I'm looking forward to the Fall Fair and scavenger hunt we have coming up for you all in October!

Cheers,
    - jflory7​

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. dellman135

dellman135 Prune Juice.

gg

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. JBreezeOnline

JBreezeOnline Active Member

Very nice!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Echophox

Echophox The GIF King

That's Awesome!

5. ezlmaoo

ezlmaoo Active Member

Does this mean I can build a bigger gold farm?

6. jflory7

Hmmm. We'll see. :p

• Like Like x 1
  7. jflory7

Here's some pictures of the build:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.