1. Welcome to the CrystalCraftMC website and forums, guest! If you are signing up to get Member, please use your EXACT Minecraft username as your website username to get the Member rank!

IMPORTANT: Drastic changes in world reset plans!

Discussion in 'Official News & Announcements' started by jflory7, May 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jflory7

jflory7 A Purple Jukebox Staff Member Founder Sysadmin

Hey CrystalCrafters,

We have had drastic changes to the world reset plans, and to help explain what's going on, @fortification45 and I have put together a video with all the info.

2. todd5747

todd5747 Active Member

Its easier to swallow news like this coming from you guys. It still saddens me. I hope in the future we can work something else out. Although, I think I have four locations actually somewhat close to spawn where I could hide small bases… XD

3. jflory7

It was honestly the last thing we wanted to do. :(

4. Agrazil

Agrazil New Member

Allright. I might risk a lot by telling you this, but maybe it's worth it.
    Anybody who wants to put bases over 500.000 is nuts.
    Even putting bases over 100.000 is crazy.
    This is a server where raiding each other, and being part of the destruction/renewal circle is a core theme.
    As we found out, puztting a base around 30k or above is safe already. PErhaps due to many people camping at millions, but certainly because base safety, and let's be clear here: I mean freaking castles on top of mountains with villages and shops and everything and not underground bunkers, is not a linear function of distance from spawn. The area of space any person has to search in order to find your base is the surface of the circle which's radius is your distance from the spawn. This means that your safety has a tetragonal connection with the distance.
    This means that as you start to get away from the spawn, your safety increases dramatically, but after a while the absolute safety increase will be minimal. (If we give a % base chace for your base to be found, traveling from 500.000 distance to 50.000.000 yould be to increase safety from 0.002% to 0.000002%, altoguh it looks like a lot it's way less than a 1% less chance for you to be found.

Also, many commands that are given only to donators are tools for people to raid/get away more. I personally couldn't care less for kits or material stuff, but commands like multyple homes, and TPA could be incredibly usefull for raiders. I would liek that but I don't want the kits as I've said and raiding is not a lot of fun when most of the people are 4235345345423452352346256567623423341234172841273418236×10^27 block away.
    With this new border maybe finding someone will be easier. OF course that means that our base of operations could be found easier as well. But that's part of the game. The only thing that hurts us and infuriates us when you raid our place is when after you've done you leave it there like that.
    So pretty please if you find our base (A big ass castle on top of cliff and a neightborhhoding walled NPC village). Loot it, but after you've done destroy it and drown it in lava.

I couldn't really make out the exact numbers for the nether tough. Does it mean that the nether will have border of 62500?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. todd5747

todd5747 Active Member

Personally, I think it'd be nice to have the option to get far away from spawn, and people who could grief/raid your base, just so you can build something beautiful.

But if it makes people like you feel better, and look forward to playing, I'll try to build more bases around 10-50k from spawn to give you something to do. I'll fill them with useful stuff, diamonds, gold, enchanted diamond armor, etc. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. MCMCaveman

MCMCaveman Well-Known Member

Most bases that i found were between 4-10 million blocks from spawn. So only a 500k border will be all the easier for me to raid others. But the issue now is, how do i keep my loot safe...

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. jflory7

The Nether currently has a border set at 50,000.

8. Agrazil

Agrazil New Member

But doesn't that mean that people above 400.000 would either go over the nether border or couldn't go into the nether at all? Or portals made above 400k would just link to a spot close to the nether border?

9. jflory7

I'm fairly certain that it will pop you into the border once you enter the Nether; however, this would be worth testing with an empty inventory before I make any promises.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.