1. Welcome to the CrystalCraftMC website and forums, guest! If you are signing up to get Member, please use your EXACT Minecraft username as your website username to get the Member rank!

Idea: Mobarena

Discussion in 'Network Suggestions' started by Ender_Goblin, Mar 5, 2016.

1. _stevoism_

_stevoism_ Web activity of OVER 9000! Staff Member Administrator

We could but typical doing this give the build a butcher look IMO. Instead we have already taken previous parts of the CCMC history and used them for inspiration for an entirely new build.

I've build one like this before with @InfiniteCorners and Gafgarian420(who's ccmc account is now gone evidently? @jflory7 ). We had the fear of it running nonstop and a mob overload happening and simply overwhelming smaller groups of PVE'er so we added command blocks and redstone lamps to toggle spawners on and off depending on the amount of players in the area. We eventually expanded the build to a quad chamber cave system with a safe room in the middle. I believe it was 8-15 spawners(i know big difference but its been a few years), it worked well and seeming seamless at the time but we are currently taking a run at the mob arena concept. Maybe if @jflory7 doesn't mind a few spoilers may leak out :3

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ender_Goblin

Ender_Goblin New Member

Thank you everyone for their inputs and considerations. Though I cannot play Minecraft for a while, I wish the best of hope for all.

3. BlasterZX

BlasterZX The Almighty Blaster, Cheese on a Biscuit Lover

Thanks for the awesome idea! :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Material_

Material_ Community Blacksmith

OKAY! My try at being a thorn in staff's side :p
    I like your point about players just taking the kits for the MobArena so MY fix would be one of the following:

1. Make it to when the player leaves a certain spot the armour, swords, axes, bows, etc just come out of the player's inventory.
    2. Have some sort of auto equip commands and pre-staff-made kits so when the player enters the arena, armour and weapons are automagicly put into the players inventory. And they have to die to leave? Maybe?
    3. Have keep inventory on while in the arena so the person that brings their gear wouldn't lose it all.

Now I don't know how hard to do all these options are. But maybe i gave some sort of ideas (Probably not)

-EJ

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  5. TheEnderPrince

TheEnderPrince Active Member

Not that hard! I could whip a plugin up to do some of that although I would need @jflory7's permission.

6. BlasterZX

BlasterZX The Almighty Blaster, Cheese on a Biscuit Lover

We already have most of this taken care of!

• Like Like x 1
  7. _stevoism_

we have a plug in for most of that already, with the exception of using your own gear. The hand off to that though is you don't lose any items / exp when you die in the arena so all that mob grinding isn't wasted. We only want our kits so everyone has the same chances of competing the arena as each other.

there's nothing stopping you from doing it just can't Guarntee we would implement it, but it would be an example of your abilities. Though like I just states we already have a stable source and have implemented it :/

8. TheEnderPrince

TheEnderPrince Active Member

The grammar though!

9. Echophox

Echophox The GIF King

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. UltimateAFS

UltimateAFS Actually A Bear

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. dellman135

dellman135 Prune Juice.

positive vibes

12. _stevoism_

Sorry everyone it won't let me make it a live preview but here is a little MobArena taste for you :3

• Winner Winner x 1