1. Welcome to the CrystalCraftMC website and forums, guest! If you are signing up to get Member, please use your EXACT Minecraft username as your website username to get the Member rank!

Idea: Mobarena

Discussion in 'Network Suggestions' started by Ender_Goblin, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Ender_Goblin

Ender_Goblin New Member

Simply killing mobs
    That's all there is to it

- A potential mini game
    - Improves players' skills regarding combat
    - Allows for competitive playing for beating high scores
    - Multiple kits to fit players' fighting style (warrior, tank, archer, builder*, etc.)
    - Requires cooperation between players
    *For constructing small forts in between rounds

Just an idea

2. urbansith

urbansith Active Member

I don't want to be a downer but this server is a little small for mini-games. It has a pvp type game. It is fun and well built. However there isn't a large enough amount of players on at any given time to make it worthwhile. In my opinion the staff needs to concentrate on other things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. TheEnderPrince

TheEnderPrince Active Member

I agree and I need to advertise the server for more players because not many people get on a lot

4. MCMCaveman

MCMCaveman Well-Known Member

5. urbansith

urbansith Active Member

That would be simple to set up somewhere in the Survival Server. They could just copy and paste the top part of the older arena somewhere and put 6 or 8 spawners in it. Something similar to what was in the Halloween event area (the Skelly King Throne Room).

Put it right at spawn somewhere so it sees more use. Having to warp out somewhere would be annoying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. TheEnderPrince

Great idea! Im thinking that for the mob arena IF it happens that there should be a mountain and a hollow inside where the mob arena will be in the middle and spectator seats around it so people can watch as well as maybe lava around for decor

7. _stevoism_

_stevoism_ Web activity of OVER 9000! Staff Member Administrator

I have made one of these before, not for this server. It would end up being more like @MCMiningCaveman was saying then you ( @Ender_Goblin ) we saying. In the past we had an area that had kits and free gear to fight in but it is a significant amount of constant work to prevent people from leaving with the kits and stocking up their bas with tons of free loot. On that note as far as scores and what not that is very non vanilla, something as long as i am admin i will fight to not get. We are vanilla and i will do everything i can to maintain that.

8. urbansith

urbansith Active Member

I don't think the server should provide free kits at all. Use what you mine. If you have no gear, don't go in.

And no need for scores. If you want proof of how awesome you are just record it.

9. TheEnderPrince

That is probably one of the worst ideas I have heard yet. :3 Plus, that's already a thing it's called the PVP Arena.

10. Ender_Goblin

Ender_Goblin New Member

I really wonder about the mostly vanilla part since there is a CrystalCraft Bros server already.
    Nonetheless, I understand there won't be a mobarena, but thank you for your thoughts.

11. _stevoism_

But they are not talking about pvP, they are talking about pvE....

And the craft bros was done as vanilla as we could. You can normal in game items with standard minecraft enchants and normal potions effects. The only non vanilla thing in that is the double jump. but none the less for us to add it into the mainly vanilla survival server would require less vanilla if we did what you asked. After all who wants to say " on the mob arena server i killed 20 mobs "
    No one would care....

12. urbansith

urbansith Active Member

I will set up a mob arena if you would like to give me about 15 spawners and an equal number of mob eggs of varying type.

13. _stevoism_

Will this be at your main base? can i set a public warp there then?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. urbansith

urbansith Active Member

Funny guy.

15. jflory7

jflory7 A Purple Jukebox Staff Member Founder Sysadmin

Hi Ender_Goblin, I have a fair amount of experience with MobArena (the plugin), and they're a pretty fun and powerful minigame that integrates very well with survival servers (as compared to a standalone server). For the longest time, I've wanted to try to implement this in our own survival server, but it requires a lot of time and work to:
    1. Build the actual arena(s) to be used
    2. Create a fair and balanced set of kits to use for the arena
    3. Use caution when awarding prizes (so that it doesn't destroy the value of items on the server)
    For these reasons, it requires a lot of time and effort to implement. Unfortunately, I have lacked the time to work on other things on the server, and for me to personally go about the technical configuration for a MobArena is something I don't have the means to do. If some interested staff members wanted to try working on this, it would be a possibility for them to try testing ideas on the development server, so I'll leave it up to them to bring it up with me.

No need to be so negative.

16. MCMCaveman

MCMCaveman Well-Known Member

Can't an old arena be dropped in, place a bunch of spawners in it, and tell players to B.Y.O.G (bring your own gear)?

17. jflory7

Technically possible, but I don't know if this kind of thing is worth it. It's not as engaging and not a whole lot of mobs spawn in, so there might be a lot of waiting around for the mobs to spawn.

18. iDEVLMAN

iDEVLMAN Member

I have seen one of these before. Infact I've made one for a server myself. With about 12 spawners in a roughly 30x30 room, maybe even smaller. Mobs do spawn. It's especially fun when you go in with friends, I would know from personal experience. I really dig this idea and definitely think it would/should work.

P.S: With the new 1.9 mechanics could you imagine how intense this would be?

19. TheEnderPrince

I agree, and maybe i could help build it! :D

20. jflory7

We have some cool plans coming down the line that will be very interesting for this. More info will be shared in the front page post that's about to go out shortly.

• Like Like x 1