1. Welcome to the CrystalCraftMC website and forums, guest! If you are signing up to get Member, please use your EXACT Minecraft username as your website username to get the Member rank!

Ho ho ho! December 2016 update!

Discussion in 'Official News & Announcements' started by jflory7, Dec 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jflory7

jflory7 A Purple Jukebox Staff Member

Dec 4, 2013
    Owner
    Hey CrystalCrafters,

December has descended upon us as 2016 slowly comes to a close. It's been a year to remember, and we celebrated our fourth anniversary this year. Soon, we'll be cruising towards our five year anniversary. If where you call home is starting to celebrate winter festivities, happy holidays to you, your family, and friends from the CCMC staff team! Now, onto the big news!

Minecraft 1.11 update
    Did you hear? CrystalCraftMC is now running 1.11 on all of our servers! This new version of Minecraft has some amazing features, including new curse enchantments, mobs, and blocks! For example, we have a new Shulker Box, which is a chest that keeps its contents after being broken (wowza!). Some more awesome features added are:
    You can find info on any of theses new features on the Minecraft 1.11 wiki page. If you notice any issues on the server with 1.11, report them in the Network Problems forum to help by informing us when you find bugs.

Christmas is almost here!
    Christmas is right around the corner and CCMC is in the Christmas mood. We have a Christmas tree and giant snowman waiting to greet you in spawn! Keep an eye out because there are going to be some easter eggs in the Christmas version of CCMC spawn…

Welcoming new administrators
    Over the past week, you may have noticed some changes to the staff member team. At this time, I'd like to formally congratulate our three newest admins: @dellman135, @Natzic, and @CanadianSpark. All three of them have been a part of the server community for years and have served their roles as moderators responsibly and maturely. With @_stevoism_'s coming life changes and @UltimateAFS also being a full-time university student, we're glad to have a few more capable hands joining the team to help watch over the summer and help keep everything operating as normally.

We're hoping to implementing some more ideas in coming times with some of the renewed abilities for our new admins to help lead and drive these efforts.

Upcoming hardware maintenance
    As an early heads-up, the server will be undergoing hardware maintenance at some point this coming week. To help plan for the extended future, the server power supply is being upgraded and replaced with a more efficient and reliable unit. I will not have physical access again to the server until August 2017, so I am hoping to make an investment in the server's long-term by replacing the power supply. This downtime should take no longer than 120 minutes, and I'll also post an update to our Twitter account when the maintenance begins and ends.

Additionally, there will also be another (brief) period of downtime this week as the server is moved from one location to another on my university campus. More news on this will be shared later.

Other updates and news

Bob the Blacksmith
    Some of you may not know who Bob the Blacksmith is or where he is located. Bob is in the armory room located in the survival world spawn. Some of you may be wondering why Bob is so important to have a section in this post! Well, Bob now sells items. We have been hearing from players that they want more features included into the world of CCMC. We are starting with Bob and he sells God Apples. In the future, he may even sell potions. We hope to include many more features for you, the players, to enjoy.

MobArena
    Some of you may have noticed that the MobArena was recently not working as expected. Now, it is back up and running. If anyone finds bugs or glitches in the MobArena, please post in the Network Problems forum and tell us what happened.

Special thanks
    A special thanks is in order for this announcement to the whole staff team for helping review and write this front page post. This was a team effort and there should be more names listed for this post than just jflory7. :) Thanks all!

Some jflory7 updates
    I have seen some people asking about my activity recently and also curious about any plans for 2017. I'd like to take a moment to cover on some of these. Firstly, an apology is in order for my inactivity since August. Unlike past years, I'm now a full-time university student, and this semester demanded more of my time and energy than I anticipated. Unfortunately, I have been slower to respond to queries, help plan events and activities, and participate with the community. With the upcoming holiday period, I'm planning to be around on the website and possibly in-game a little more.

Additionally, my inactivity may be resuming further into parts of 2017. In mid-January, I will be moving to Croatia for a semester studying abroad. From January 27-29, 2017, I will be a speaker at DevConf in the Czech Republic. From February 4-5, 2017, I will be speaking at FOSDEM in Belgium. I may be working in London from the end of May to August. There will also be other times I'm traveling around Europe. If you are one of our European players, I'd love to have a chance to say hello and meet! However, this travel schedule is an early forewarning that my time in early 2017 may be tied up tightly.

In either case, don't forget that there are multiple staff members who are around to help and can answer your questions. All of them are able to reach me as well, so if you need help with anything, please feel free to reach out!

I'm looking forward to starting 2017 with CCMC as we float towards our fifth anniversary. We'll check in again soon. Stay warm and toasty, CrystalCrafters!

Cheers,

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Staff Approval Staff Approval x 2
  2. todd5747

todd5747 Active Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Ooh! it is certainly an exciting time to get back on! Unfortunately... today I haven't had any luck. But maybe i've tried both times during maintenance and server relocation... XD

But I'm not sure. Because they just released a 1.11.2 update as well... and so it might be causing problems too.

3. BlasterZX

BlasterZX The Almighty Blaster, Cheese on a Biscuit Lover

Feb 18, 2014
    Sweet! how much is admin?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.