1. Welcome to the CrystalCraftMC website and forums, guest! If you are signing up to get Member, please use your EXACT Minecraft username as your website username to get the Member rank!

Forum Rules

Discussion in 'Website Discussion' started by Saphiria, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Saphiria

Saphiria Active Member

Hello,
    I was trying to find the forum rules, to see if I can link to my website in my signature, but I have only found server and teamspeak rules. Do forum rules exist?

Thanks,
    Saphiria

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. jflory7

jflory7 A Purple Jukebox Staff Member Founder Sysadmin

Hi Saphiria,

This is a good question. For the most part, the forums follow the same set of rules as we have for the survival server, excluding the obvious, Minecraft-specific differences. Most of the ones that would apply to the forums and the server are common sense, and we have never had an issue where having a specific subset of rules for the forums was necessary.

Since I am the only person capable of awarding site bans and disciplining members with anything more than a deleted post, I've always handled problem users on a case-by-case basis (since you're a Spigoteer, I generally follow the same guidelines we have over on the Spigot Forums). Since the number of website incidents we have is so low (and since nine times out of ten, a warning solves the problem), I don't see a large need for writing forum-specific rules. The Compound Punishment policy detailed on the server rules page is definitely something that is considered on website punishments (and anywhere else in the CCMC network).

Hopefully this clears things up for you.

Cheers,
    - jflory7​

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Saphiria

Saphiria Active Member

It is always nice when a server, product, forum, etc has simple rules (Spigot's is pretty long, and many do not take the time to read it), so when one set of rules applies for both the server and website it is very nice. I will be sure to re-read those, and get my answer to the question there (just wanted to be sure).

" (since you're a Spigoteer, I generally follow the same guidelines we have over on the Spigot Forums)." - This alone answers my question though, hopefully others with this question will use the search bar and find this thread.

Thanks again,
    Saphiria

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 1