1. Welcome to the CrystalCraftMC website and forums, guest! If you are signing up to get Member, please use your EXACT Minecraft username as your website username to get the Member rank!

Final Update About the Nether / End

Discussion in 'Official News & Announcements' started by jflory7, May 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jflory7

jflory7 A Purple Jukebox Staff Member Founder Sysadmin

Hello CrystalCrafters!

After a week of review and consideration, the staff have come to a resolution about the fate of the Nether and the End. We have taken the poll results AND all the written posts into consideration, and we have evaluated all the different sides to this issue.

Because of hard drive space limitations and the opinions expressed in the posts for the original poll, we have decided to do continuous resets of both the Nether and the End every two weeks.

To answer some burning questions about this, I will try to answer to the best of my ability.

[​IMG]

When will the resets begin?

The resets will begin on May 18th, 2014 from as early as 12:00am EST. From that point onward, the resets will begin on a regular basis every two weeks. We will put a special [TIP] in to help remind new and old players about this, but it will be up to you to make sure your items and valuables are out of the Nether and the End once the two week mark has been reached. We will not be making warning posts about it on the forum.

Furthermore, just because there are two weeks to get moved out of the Nether and the End, I would highly recommend not procrastinating this. Our Nether has reached a precarious size, and I cannot guarantee that our hard drive will make it that long. If we run out of hard drive space before May 18th, we are not responsible for your items or valuables in either world! So, please be proactive about this and begin making preparations to move everything out of the Nether and the End as soon as possible.

[​IMG]

Is Nether-Traveling back?

Nether-Traveling will be permitted once the first delete has taken place on May 18th. From then on out, traveling on top of the Nether will be allowed.

[​IMG]

Can we pay to move bases and mob spawners from the Nether or End?

No, we will not be providing the option for paid moves from the Nether and the End. Since we are keeping these worlds for a total of two weeks, it will be up to you to move your belongings out from the Nether and the End to a new location in the Overworld. We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause.

[​IMG]

I believe I have addressed the largest concerns for this change, but if you have any other questions, please ask away in this thread! I will be happy to answer any and all questions that you may have.

Cheers,
    - jflory7 and the CCMC Staff

• Like Like x 2
  2. BlackDiamond31

BlackDiamond31 Member

3. CypressXM

CypressXM Member

I have 2 questions:

1. Will the same seed be used to reset the nether? In other words will my /homes in the nether fortresses still be safe to go to?

2. How do you get on top of the nether, exactly?

4. Chief_Hawk

Chief_Hawk Member

i still dont get it. WHY THE END?!

5. jflory7

1. It will be a different seed every time, so old homes in the Nether should not be trusted after a reset.
    2. If I recall correctly, this can be done with trees or /jump, but I'm not sure if it has changed in recent times.

The reason why was a bit complex, and I had explained it in the old thread.

6. Agrazil

Agrazil New Member

Hi.
    So I understand that you have to reset the Nether and the End so you don't have to reset the overworld. Altough I would prefer if there were no resets at all I guess we'll have to do.
    And for that reason I have a suggestion: Could you, by any chance create some event or boss mob for the resets? Since this adds a chaotic element to the games already chaotic side you could play on it if you have the ability to edit mobs. Every new week could have some new nether/end rule. Like turn the zombie pigman hostile, but make nether chests bulge with loot. Or add a giant wither skeleton boss into a specific fortress with a lot of loot and glory. That would create a quite intense pvp event as well.
    Or the other week, allow ghosts to spawn ridicolously often.
    So how about it?

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. CypressXM

CypressXM Member

What do you mean by ghosts?

8. MCMCaveman

MCMCaveman Well-Known Member

Wait... what? It'll be a different map seed each Nether and End reset? It shouldn't be. If you simply delete the two folders that contain the Nether and End data files, then when a player re-enters one of those two dimensions, it is supposed to world gen exactly the same (because all three dimensions are tied to the Overworld seed number).

9. jflory7

Hmmm… I actually think this idea isn't too bad. I'll have to look into different options for this. :) It may not happen immediately, but I will look into this for certain.

Oh, if it's tied to the overworld, then they'll be the same. I was under the impression that their seeds were independent from other worlds.

10. Agrazil

Agrazil New Member

I meants ghasts.

11. Nekonite

Nekonite New Member

well thanks, this is awesome! now when exiting we will still have all our base's there! :D

12. Rexrules_88

Rexrules_88 New Member

Will there be a world reset for 1.8 or na? ppl were taking about it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.