1. Welcome to the CrystalCraftMC website and forums, guest! If you are signing up to get Member, please use your EXACT Minecraft username as your website username to get the Member rank!

Feedback Requested: What would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Network Suggestions' started by jflory7, Sep 20, 2015.

1. jflory7

jflory7 A Purple Jukebox Staff Member Founder Sysadmin

Hello CrystalCrafters,

Today, I'd like to reach out to all members of our community for ideas and suggestions regarding CrystalCraftMC, our servers, and what we're offering. As many of you have likely noticed over the past month, the server activity has greatly slowed, and our numbers have been lower than normal. I have been making observations and trying to make guesses myself, but I am interested in hearing what you all, the community, have to say and what your thoughts are.

I would also like to know what you think of the events we have planned. We are currently running our Skin Contest, we have a Scavenger Hunt planned, and the Fall Fair is just around the corner. Do these kinds of events interest you all? Would you be online more once these events get launched and running? Is there something you don't like about our events?

Additionally, if the events we're planning don't interest you, what do you think would make CrystalCraftMC more interesting or engaging for you to play on? Is there anything you think we're doing wrong with what we have already? Is there anything you think we should try adding? I'm completely open to any and all suggestions you might have.

Hopefully this thread will open the floor to more discussion and brainstorming about what we can do to build our community. I'm interested in hearing what you all have to say!

Cheers,
    - jflory7​

2. dellman135

dellman135 Prune Juice.

We should do a CrystalCraftMC UHC! Thats would be awesome! I could help you guys set it up!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. jflory7

That's pretty much like the hardcore survival mode, right? I'm a total noob with UHC, you guys always talk about it, but I'm not sure about what type of gamemode it is exactly.

4. dellman135

dellman135 Prune Juice.

Ultra Hard Core.

5. jflory7

I mean, I knew that… lol. I was asking more about generally what it is, how it's played, important characteristics of a good UHC server, etc.

6. BrokenHeart

BrokenHeart Active Member

Yes! I love UHC, and I think this would be such a good addition. UHC is bae <3

7. UltimateAFS

UltimateAFS Actually A Bear

They managed to get me into it, I'll explain the full details of the game to you later.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. BrokenHeart

You're very welcome. <3

• Like Like x 2
  9. dellman135

dellman135 Prune Juice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. FootMonkii

FootMonkii Active Member

I've kinda been in hibernation until 1.9 comes out...

11. urbansith

urbansith Active Member

How about some drop parties?

Smaller world borders would increase the odds of player interactions.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. ezlmaoo

ezlmaoo Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  13. urbansith

urbansith Active Member

I also like it.

14. jflory7

Hmmm, what kind of world border size are we talking about?

15. MCMCaveman

MCMCaveman Well-Known Member

UHC maps are from 1k-5k square

But for survival, i want a large (500K-1M) border so that I do not have to interact with others. That way I can build my builds in peace (and not get torn to pieces).

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. BrokenHeart

Well for starters, the very important rule/ addition to UHC which makes it so special is this: You do not regenerate health, not unless you manually heal (eating a gapple, healing pots, ETC) Without this, it just isn't UHC.

Now, for border size, I agree on what @MCMiningCaveman said. It's usually around 1-5k, but I think it would be best starting at -1500 and +1500. Overtime, the map will eventually shrink. By the time that the border is around +600 -600, most players will be eliminated, and this is where players are usually teleported into a deathmatch arena. Here, the players / teams will fight to the death, and the winning team/player is the victor.

A very useful and common addition in UHC servers that you will find are crafting recipes. These could consist of things such light anvil (which is basically an anvil that requires less iron) or custom UHC items that could be designed to do completely different things than in Vanilla Minecraft.

Another common thing found in UHC servers are kits. Of course, these are as they are titled. Kits can vary from armor kits to weapon kits, to even food kits.

I hope this helped atleast a little bit. If you need further explanation, feel free to message the players that Dell listed and me, and we'll try to help (as we are all a bit too obsessive of it.)
    -MittySan <3

17. dellman135

dellman135 Prune Juice.

Yes we love our uhc <3
    If you have any other questions just comment and I know @Marshox66 knows a lot to.

18. urbansith

urbansith Active Member

I was thinking a world border of 100K by 100k. Perhaps even smaller.

How often do you get raided? Raids that aren't from leaked coordinates?

19. MCMCaveman

MCMCaveman Well-Known Member

I have never been "stumbled" upon on ccmc, and that is because of the massive world border. My very first base i ever made was 540K from spawn, second base was 24M from spawn, then the world shrank to a max of 500K and I have been worried of being found ever since.

20. urbansith

urbansith Active Member

What about discounted ranks? That might entice older/ex players back.

Starter kits that have more valuable items. Maybe iron armour, a diamond pickaxe, a couple potions.

Have more involvement with the people that youtube. @MCMiningCaveman touring other player's bases. @Echophox 's crystal quest but on a smaller scale. Small skits with the CCMC staff.

How about a race from spawn to a set coordinate. Like 13000. First person there gets a diamond block or something. Just as a kinda "flash event".

Player of the month. Random player gets his name and avatar posted on the top of the ccmc homepage. They also get a small gift bag. The player is chosen by complete randomness or by staff. Most active player, friendliest, funniest.

Talk like a pirate day. You can only talk like a pirate in the chat.

Some sort of community build. A mega hole so if anything is griefed it only helps the hole out. :)

A community village with small grief protected plots to build on.

Sorry about the randomness of this post. It turned into a stream of consciousness post.

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1