1. Welcome to the CrystalCraftMC website and forums, guest! If you are signing up to get Member, please use your EXACT Minecraft username as your website username to get the Member rank!

Feedback Needed!

Discussion in 'Server Creativity' started by DuxV, Mar 1, 2018.

1. DuxV

DuxV Guest

Hi everyone.

I am in the process of building a new city, and I'd like some feedback on a few things from the community.

I had the idea of using different types of wood to signify different purposes for buildings and/or even different classes within the city (such as poor, noble, etc.) If you had to rate the different types of wood from which would be the cheapest to most expensive, how would you rate them? I'm guessing Dark Oak would be most expensive, but how would the others rate?

My thoughts are (from cheapest to most expensive):
    Birch
    Oak
    Spruce
    Jungle
    Acacia
    Dark Oak

Thoughts?

2. DrVonAwesome

DrVonAwesome Staff Member Staff Member Moderator

Depends on the biome. Which one will you build in?

3. DuxV

DuxV Guest

It's a mesa biome, so acacia and oak are most prominent. But I'd rather just get a general idea. You know how some woods are on average more expensive than others?

4. CrissCrisis

CrissCrisis Active Member

I have a near endless supply of Dark oak near one of my bases.
    I could hook you up bro!

5. DuxV

DuxV Guest

That's... not at all what I'm asking but thanks? I don't need wood. Please read the OP ;)

6. CrissCrisis

I know what you want, I would agree that Dark Oak is the most expensive, I am saying that if you need any or happen to run out, I have a plentiful supply.

7. DuxV

DuxV Guest

Ok... would you care to rate the others as far as expensiveness? (Trying to keep the post on topic)

8. CrissCrisis

Oak
    Birch
    Spruce
    Acacia
    Jungle
    Dark Oak

That is just my opinion

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wonckay

Wonckay Active Member

From most expensive to cheapest;

Dark Oak - Looks the most refined, especially of the three "exotic trees" (Dark Oak, Acacia, Jungle). Doesn't actually exist in real life (although it would probably be something like ebony, which is very expensive).

Acacia - Exotic coloring and not as easily acquired as the large jungle trees (A sort of false mahogany, a respectable wood in itself).

Jungle - Still an exotic wood in a somewhat rare biome, however once you find one it becomes very easy to mass-produce. Reminds me of ash wood, an affordable staple of building.

Spruce - Most refined of the non-exotic trees. Could maybe be worth more than jungle, but I wouldn't go that far myself.

Oak - Looks "normal" in Minecraft (you see it all the time in villages), essentially your basic, friendly neighborhood MC tree.

Birch - Easy to find, looks cheap and gaudy, is understandably dirt cheap in real life as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. DrVonAwesome

DrVonAwesome Staff Member Staff Member Moderator

I would rate them as Wonckay does, however I would put spruce over jungle. And if the biome matters to you (supply and demand), i'd put spruce after dark oak, then jungle, acacia, oak, birch.