1. Welcome to the CrystalCraftMC website and forums, guest! If you are signing up to get Member, please use your EXACT Minecraft username as your website username to get the Member rank!

Suggestion Earned Ranks

Discussion in 'Survival Server' started by CrissCrisis, Jan 26, 2018.

Would you like earned ranks?

This poll will close on May 26, 2018 at 11:24 AM.
  1. Yes, these responses look fair, and they give out appropriate rewards.

2. Yeah, but the challenges are too tough. The rewards are not enough for the challenge.

3. Yes, but the rewards are too great.

4. I enjoy the concept, but I feel that the rewards and challenges could be different.

5. No, I like having to pay real money for the ranks.

6. No, the game is fine how it is.

7. No, the people who can't pay for the ranks can suck it up.

8. I would like to have both earned, and paid ranks for more variety.

9. It does not really matter to me.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. CrissCrisis

CrissCrisis Active Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Before I get right into it, I see no flaw, and have no disrespect towards any of the staff, and this is just a suggestion, one I think many people would support. Anyways, with that being said, lets talk.

Crystal Craft Earned Ranks

Hermes (H)

How to Earn: Play on the server, actively and earn peoples respect, and have people like you.

Perks: One more /home.

Items: 5 Diamond Blocks, 5 Emerald Blocks, 10 Gold Blocks, 15 Iron Blocks, 20 Coal Blocks, 32 Obsidian.

Athena (At)

How to Earn: Be awarded for fantastic building, and assist the staff at least once.

Perks: One more /home, and /condense

Items: Builders Axe, (Iron Axe, Unbreaking 3 Efficiency 5) and 32 Ender Pearls

Apollo (Ap)

How to Earn: Assist the staff on 6 or more occasions, and not being disrespectful in chat.

Perks: Two more /homes

Items: An Iron Sword named, [Thank You!] (Fire Aspect 1, Knockback 2)

Ares (Ar)

How to Earn: Be a fantastic fighter! Have over 200 kills, and beat 3 designated staff, or assigned players in a PvP battle, Equal gear.

Perks: /head (Or whatever command it is to put a block on your head)

Items: Diamond Boots (Feather Falling 5 Protection 5) Diamond Sword (Fire Aspect 2, Unbreaking 2, Sharpness 3) Names: Whatever you make up.

Poseidon (P)

How to Earn: Achieve over 1500 levels in the main server.

Perks: One more /home

Items: Full Chainmail Protection 2 armor (Custom Named)

Aphrodite (Aph)

How to Earn: Do not raid whatsoever. If you are caught raiding at all, by anybody, you lose this rank. In addition to not raiding, you need to be well respected, known across the server, and have a great reputation. Basically, be Ferwinn.

Perks: 3 more /homes

Items: 2 Name Colored items

Zeus (Z)

How to Earn: Given to special people, determined a VIP by the owner, or Admins, ONLY, in very rare circumstances. This can be revoked only by the owner, or the person who delievered the rank.

Perks: 3 More Homes

Items: Whatever item given by the staff member, not too overpowered.

If you have earned more than one of these things, you will have it as so; [AP][Z][H]CrissCrisis: as the chat names. However, the staff would have to incorporate the old paid ranks, as you can not just disregard them. I know, some factors are off about this, that’s why I'd like to hear your thoughts!

This is just a rough draft of it, but I would like to see this become a real thing!

Sorry for so many Poll Questions, but I wanted to cover many of the ways people could feel about this idea.

I already have the Art made for these ranks, given to me by an old friend a while ago. I actually have wanted to pitch this idea for a while, and I'm now ready.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Cragnarok

Cragnarok The Punny One Staff Member Trial Moderator

Feb 3, 2017
    The problem as I see it is that awarding ranks becomes somewhat subjective and thus not necessarily fairly 'earned'. It would also dissuade people from purchasing existing ranks which would mean less financial support for the server. In theory I like the concept, but I think there are too many issues for it to be plausible to integrate.
    Just my opinion.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. CrissCrisis

Mar 29, 2014
    This is what I'd like to hear. I could remake certain challenges and lesser the rewards. I'd like to hear all of the points of view before sharing my final piece, which will come soon.
  4. MCMCaveman

MCMCaveman Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2013
    There was a server that I played on for about a month, that had titles for in-game actions.

There was a Miner (I, II, III, etc) for X,000 number of blocks broken with a pickaxe. And titles for similar block breaking with an Axe and a Shovel.

The only “reward” was a firework and a chime going off with a chat notification that X-player had gotten the title.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. CrissCrisis

Mar 29, 2014
    Are you saying that you like that idea, or that you support the perks and items that you receive? You could answer the poll so I could get more information please.
  6. GameLogicYT

GameLogicYT Member

Aug 6, 2015
    The main reason I like ranks is because you can donate to the server to help keep it running, and in this case, once you get these ranks that you are talking about, many people aren't going to have the incentive to donate as much.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. CrissCrisis

Mar 29, 2014
    Thank you, for all of your support. And I will be working up a new set of challenges and ideas that will still include donations, which will help the server, and will also try to get people to like and support the way you earn them. The earned ranks are something into give a few perks to people who can not donate, and homes are one of the most important things in the server, and while the server costs very little to run, I feel that the server would be fine and get more players to play, now that they do not have to donate.
  8. jflory7

jflory7 A Purple Jukebox Staff Member Founder Sysadmin

Dec 4, 2013
    I think earned ranks are a good idea. I agree with @Cragnarok that objective criteria will make this easier to set up. If it's left to manual work by staff members, it runs the risk of being forgotten or missed. Automated rank awarding is awesome!
    • Agree Agree x 2