1. Welcome to the CrystalCraftMC website and forums, guest! If you are signing up to get Member, please use your EXACT Minecraft username as your website username to get the Member rank!

Downtime + ETA on server recovery

Discussion in 'Official News & Announcements' started by UltimateAFS, Aug 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UltimateAFS

UltimateAFS Actually A Bear Staff Member Administrator

AS OF 8/21/16, THE SERVER IS BACK UP

Hello CrystalCrafters!

As you've probably noticed, we've been down for a few days now. This was due to an ongoing power issue at the location where the machine is kept. This problem has kept the server down for the past few days. The bad news is that we need to get someone to the location in person.

But the good news is that we have an ETA on just when we will be able to get the server back online:

The Server is estimated to be back up sometime this Friday, August 19, 2016.
    (for those of you who saw @dellman135's post before it was edited, his date of the 26th is incorrect, this ^^^ is the correct date)

We apologize for the downtime, as well as the delay in order to get the server back up. @jflory7 will be driving to where the server is hosted in order to get it back online, which is a very, very lengthy drive.

In addition:

All future updates will be posted here, rather than the other threads used to keep up with this situation. If the ETA changes in any way, it will be posted here.

Again, we apologize for this, and thank you all for understanding.

Ultimate out,
    ~Bye Bits

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. InfiniteCorners

InfiniteCorners Staff Member Administrator

What ever happened to switching the hosting back to OVH during the summer to prevent this from happening? After the last time this happened we all had a lengthy discussion about that being the wisest course of action to prevent extended downtime over the summer since so few people have access to the server. I take it that wasn't done? :/

3. CrissCrisis

CrissCrisis Active Member

To be honest, I am going RIGHT by RIT the 17th, I could power it up! :p

4. CoRe_Infuego

CoRe_Infuego Member

where is the machine or whatever?

5. CrissCrisis

Rochester.

6. CoRe_Infuego

CoRe_Infuego Member

and where is Rochester?

7. CrissCrisis

New York

8. CoRe_Infuego

CoRe_Infuego Member

you live in new york right? you could power it back up instead of Flory!

9. CrissCrisis

I could, the 17th, but I'd need to get into the school. Go to the door to the server.. And well... Break it down... Then press a button.... Then...... Well... Get out before the cops come. Yeah. I could do it.

10. CoRe_Infuego

CoRe_Infuego Member

hey, if you can raid loads of bases then you can break into a school and power the server back on

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Supa_Cake

Supa_Cake New Member

thanks for the commitment to the server you guys

12. CoRe_Infuego

CoRe_Infuego Member

Todays the day bud. I wish you Goodluck @CrissCrisis .

13. CoRe_Infuego

CoRe_Infuego Member

btw,
    SERVER BACK ON IN 2 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. CrissCrisis

I'm not driving to RIT lol, it would take me a while nad its not like I could actually do it. Plus I don't have a car.

15. CoRe_Infuego

CoRe_Infuego Member

DUDE!!! why did you get out of character? you were supposed to be like, all right dude, see ya later. and I would've been like, you served this server good. and then blah blah blah. cmon dude I was gonna make u a hero XD

16. Party_Wabbit

Party_Wabbit Active Member

its Friday and still no server :(

17. Material_

Material_ Community Blacksmith Staff Member Moderator

It's STILL friday though ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. CoRe_Infuego

CoRe_Infuego Member

GUYS GUYS!!!! SOME ONE IS ONLINE!!!! server isn't back on already tried but I THINK SOMEONE IS TRYING TO FIX IT WE MIGHT BE BACK ON IN A LITTLE BIT!!!!!

19. Natzic

Natzic The Sarcastic Admin! Staff Member Administrator

The problem has to do with the physical sever. Flory has to restart the server for it to be fixed.

Sadly someone attempting to log in does not mean it is going to be fixed. One of the staff members will post on the website when it is online.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Material_

Material_ Community Blacksmith Staff Member Moderator

I believe what happened is someone tried to log in, and got caught in the list while it was updating. To my knowledge the only thing that needs to happen in Flory to literally turn the machine on. The server will be on when it's on ;). We will keep you all updated. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.