1. Welcome to the CrystalCraftMC website and forums, guest! If you are signing up to get Member, please use your EXACT Minecraft username as your website username to get the Member rank!

Creative Server, Staff, Microsoft, and Our Anniversary

Discussion in 'Official News & Announcements' started by jflory7, Sep 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jflory7

jflory7 A Purple Jukebox Staff Member Founder Sysadmin

Hello CrystalCrafters,

jflory7 here with another update. There's been a lot of things going on in the world of Minecraft over the past six months, particularly in the past month alone. I'm going to try to cover some of these things as well as other things going on in the server.

Creative Server
    As some of you may have realized already, I have decided to retire the creative server permanently last night because of the low activity on the creative server. I believe it is in our best interest for CrystalCraftMC if we focus on what we've always done best — our survival server. It has caused a few problems to have to maintain both the survival and creative server, and this will make it easier for myself and other staff members to maintain the server and ensure that everything is flowing well on a daily basis.

I do realize that many of you invested a lot of time on some of those plots, and I don't want to take away your work from you! Therefore, I have uploaded the entire creative server world to my server so that anyone can download it if they so choose to.

CREATIVE WORLD DOWNLOAD LINK: http://mirror.justinwflory.com/pub/minecraft/ccmc/creative.tar.gz

Retiring Staff, New Staff
    In the past couple of weeks, we've had a few staff members retire and a few new staff members join the team.

However, before I get into that, I'd like to give an update about InfiniteCorners. Many of you remember that he was originally brought onto the staff team as a temporary admin back in July. This was originally the intention, but because of recent events and low staff, I promoted Infinite to a permanent Admin to help out with the server as a full staff member. As every other staff member, he is here to help and will assist me in running the server.

Next, I'd like to give a proper send-off to @fortification45, @CodeBaka, and @ImKingsor. In the past month or so, these three staff members have decided to resign due to either personal things going on in their lives or for other reasons. I'd just like to take this time to publicly thank them for all of their contributions to the server over the past few months (some over the past year), and how much we all appreciate their hours of dedication and support. I hope that we all will still see you guys on the server. :)

And finally, I'd like to give a formal welcome to our four newest Trial-Mods, @321MCBlaster, @xtylorx, @UltimateAFS, and @BlackDiamond31! All four of these individuals will be helping us keep the server a clean and friendly place, and they will also be doing their best to make the server experience the best it can be. I hope you all join me in giving them a formal welcome to the staff team!

Microsoft
    Many of you have already heard about the latest acquisition of Mojang by Microsoft. At the current time, there is not much for me to say on this issue because it is too soon to be able to forecast Microsoft's stance on servers such as ours. Because of this latest buyout, I have decided to put the new ranks in the Store on hold for now until I know whether or not I will be able to sell the ranks and ensure that people can keep them as well.

One thing I do want to reaffirm is that even if Microsoft plays hard ball with servers, I will do my best to make sure that our community stays alive and keeps thriving as it always had. I have no plans or expectations to close the server unless that is my last choice.

Our Anniversary
    Finally, a piece of good news — this month marks our two year anniversary of CrystalCraftMC! It's hard to believe that we've been doing this for over two years now. I know that I've learned a lot over my time of being a server owner, both in terms of the experience with the community as well as my actual technological skills. It's exciting to finally reach this landmark, and I have never been more excited for the future.

Cheers to the past, cheers to the present, and cheers to the future! My experience with CCMC is something that I would not trade for anything. Thank you all for being loyal players and playing on CrystalCraftMC. :) It truly means a lot to me, and I can't express how happy I am about this in words alone.

Cheers,
    - jflory7

• Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. bwoopie

bwoopie Active Member

d'aww my flory poo <3 dat last part doe XD ik im so awesome ;) xDD

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. dellman135

dellman135 Prune Juice.

<3 CCMC