1. Welcome to the CrystalCraftMC website and forums, guest! If you are signing up to get Member, please use your EXACT Minecraft username as your website username to get the Member rank!

Info Changes being made to the Ranks

Discussion in 'Official News & Announcements' started by InfiniteCorners, Jul 30, 2018.

1. InfiniteCorners

InfiniteCorners Commander of Blocks Staff Member

Owner
    Hello again Crafters,

I mentioned a little while ago that we were going to be working on the ranks to add some improvements and fix a couple things that have been broken. This rank revision will be unlike any previous rank overhaul done before because this time we will be altering the existing ranks rather than creating new ones which means donors who have already bought their ranks will be experiencing the changes as well.

Not every rank is having something major changed about it but every rank will be getting something and it is worth looking at the changes below to see what's going on. These changes are planned to be put into effect on 8/14/2018. This is of special importance to any donor rank Oracle or Immortal because we plan to remove /powertool which means you will have 2 weeks to unbind any powertool'd commands before the permission node is removed and you will no longer be able to. If down the road a player finds a powertool'd item that needs unbound they can contact an owner or administrator and we can try to arrange fixing it however we are giving you 2 weeks to take care of it yourself so we suggest you take the time now rather than creating a hassle later. I will remind everyone the use of a powertool to execute commands in regions where they are forbidden is against the rules and 'I forgot it was powertool'd' is not an acceptable response. If we learn players are using set powertools to break the rules even after the command has been removed they will be punished.

Alterations concerning the execution of commands during purchase will not be experienced by new players. For instance if we add an item to a rank or change the expiry timeline existing donors won't receive those perks since the commands associated with their rank have already been executed and timelines set. Alterations concerning commands and permissions will take immediate effect across all donors, current and future. All in all I hope your folks enjoy the changes and I hope to see you all online soon.

* Bedrock Vaults are being Removed! That's right, it's been a long time coming. The few of us who still have protected bedrock vaults rarely use them and they have always been slightly maligned with the spirit if the server. On 8/14/2018 the bedrock vaults will be eliminated. If you have one, pack it up and move it out. The vaults will be //schematic'd on deletion so in the even an inactive donor doesn't see this we will be able to retrieve their items for them when they do return.

* The [T-S] chat tag is being removed. While we appreciate your purchase of CCMC merchandise this tag has been a problem since it was added, requiring manual alteration of any ranks possessing this tag. On 8/14/2018 we will start removing this tag where and when we find it.

* [R+] is being removed. This was a novel idea designed to encourage activity on the forums and reward active players with a free rank slightly better than [R]. All it really seemed to encourage was forum spam and most of the players who are currently [R+] are either inactive or rarely play. For these reasons [R+] will be removed on 8/14/2018 until we can come up with something new to replace it that truly rewards players for their activity on the server.

* All donor ranks will be receiving 2 more /homes.
    Because who doesn't want more /homes?

* All items for donor purchases will receive an enchantment bump so they don't need upgraded. (i.e. the Sentry Looting2 Diamond sword will become Looting3)

* All donor ranks bought after 8/14/2018 will have a 6 month expiry rather than 4, with the exception of Immortal which will stay at 1 year

* Alterations being made to specific ranks are:

Citizen
    • Removing /recipe and replacing it with an executing command to unlock player's vanilla recipe book.
    • Moving the disposal.sign.use permission node down from Templar so all donors can use disposal signs, even if they can't make them
    Sentry
    • Removing /firework
    • Replacing the gold "Scuba Suit" with an AquaAffinity Respiration3 Pumpkin
    Oracle
    • Removing /powertool (This has been an issue for a long time and practically useless since the last update)
    • Adding /back (Regular permission node- will not return you to your death point)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. FootMonkii

FootMonkii Active Member

I did not realize power tool items were still active after you drop them or something, I've power tooled sticks and bread and other items with jump but I don't know which ones I power tooled!

3. InfiniteCorners

Owner
    Oh yes- once an item has a command is powertooled to an item it saves that information. Beyond that, if you powertool a stick it isn't that specific tool that you have assigned the command- any stick you pick up will execute the command. Also powertooling an item like blue carpet applies the command to all colors of carpet. The easiest way to figure it out would be to swing items and see if they try to perform a command. If they do just type /powertool to unbind it. If you miss anything over the next 12 days we'll try to arrange fixing the issue with you. I may even be able to manually remove the powertool through your essentials player file, I'm not sure; never tried it before.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. InfiniteCorners

Owner
    Just for the record: I can, in fact, track down and should be able to manually remove powertools if a player misses having one set. It really is a pretty big pain though. Since players use UUIDs for identification now I actually have to download the Essentials user map (currently 6,161 players long) and manually scroll through every name (which isn't sorted in any logical way) to find the player I'm looking for and I'm not sure if every name someone has used is in there. For instance to locate you @FootMonkii I had to scroll down to listing 3,307 where I found Omniihunter. I didn't see FootMonkii listed but I guess it could've been further down the list. Since I found your file I can tell you you have items 280 (stick), 432 (Chorus Fruit), and 297 (bread) powertooled with jump at the moment. That should be all you have to unset.

5. FootMonkii

FootMonkii Active Member

Yeah OmniiHunter is me, I'll get on and remove those.

6. JesterCopperpot

JesterCopperpot Active Member

I will miss my r+

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. FootMonkii

FootMonkii Active Member

Actually @InfiniteCorners, I can't get on cuz my minecraft keeps crashing. Unsure why but it does this a lot.