1. Welcome to the CrystalCraftMC website and forums, guest! If you are signing up to get Member, please use your EXACT Minecraft username as your website username to get the Member rank!

Info CCMC: Past, present, and future!

Discussion in 'Official News & Announcements' started by InfiniteCorners, May 7, 2018.

1. InfiniteCorners

InfiniteCorners Commander of Blocks Staff Member

Owner
    Hello CrystalCrafters,

It's been a little over two months since @jflory7 announced that he would be passing the torch on CCMC and those of us here on the staff team feel it's time to talk a little about additions that have been made to the server you may not know about yet, some things we are adding this very moment and, perhaps most importantly, what we have in store for all of you in the coming months.

Past:

A New Spawn?
    You may have noticed the New underground spawn which is a lot like the 1st official CCMC spawn made all those years ago. This New Spawn is the first step in a shift to prepare for a New Spawn in 1.13. Fortunately most of the remaining work should be able to be done in Development meaning you won't see many more changes to spawn until the new construction is complete. However I'm sure that if you look around you'll find some hidden rooms and a New villager who sells something much different than a potion.

Legendary Items hidden at the end of the Spawn Maze
    Did you hear about this? I knew there was a maze but it wasn't until about a month ago I learned these existed. If you can stick it out to the end of the maze there are 2 Legendary items for sale to anyone who can afford the insanely high price tag. Are they worth it? That's a matter of opinion. My question is what else are you doing with your exp and voting items?

R.I.P. Creative Server

This was announced a while ago and there was talk of offering a world download. I had updated the original post with a link but, in case anyone didn't notice, here it is again: Creative World Download

Present:

Welcome our New Mod!
    Everyone congratulate @Flora_Fox17 on her recent promotion to Moderator. She's an active and friendly player that we're happy to have advance in the staff ranks.

Bedspawns are Back!
    That's right, and it's immediate. By the time you read this post we will have restored player respawn points to their beds. We understand that there is the potential with this for a player to end up 'spawn trapped' in a raiding/griefing situation however for most of its life this is how CCMC was. With 1.13 on the horizon using your bed will become even more important, but that's a different topic entirely. We're glad to bring it back and hope everyone will be responsible little monsters and not make us remove them again.

Spawn Eggs!
    Remember that villager in spawn I was talking about? His name is Ed and he's here to sell you eggs. He used to supply rabbits and horses to the exp shops but now he's in business for himself which means the shops just ran out. He takes his payment in diamond blocks and he wants plenty of them. You may not like his prices but if you're rich enough, and have nothing else to do, maybe building a creeper spawner is the answer for you.

Future:

New Ranks?

We're working on a new Donor Rank ladder that will fix some broken things, remove some useless things and add some cool things. Without giving too much away an example of a change being made is correcting the fact /recipe can no longer be used by replacing it with a command that unlocks all of your vanilla Knowledge Book recipes.

1.13 is a major update that will break every command block and villager currently on CCMC. We all want you to rest assured that we are already aware of the issue and currently working to update... everything. 1.13 will bring a complete spawn redesign and a total overhaul of the exp shops. Keep an eye on the forums if you want to have some input on what the exp shops sell since we'll be asking you all what you think. We just wanted you to know because in the coming months we'll be needing to spend a lot of time building in dev and writing commands in snapshots. If you don't see us online it isn't because we've forgotten about you, it's because we want the 1.13 transition to be as seamless as possible with minimal downtime.

• Like Like x 4
    • Hype Train! Hype Train! x 2
    • Staff Approval Staff Approval x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. MCMCaveman

MCMCaveman Well-Known Member

Any possibility of making the prior survival world downloadable?

3. InfiniteCorners

Owner
    There is no plan to do that at this time. I don't personally have any backups from before a couple weeks ago and I don't believe we've ever publicized worlds after resetting before for player security reasons. I would say that if @jflory7 had wanted to make that world public he would've shortly after we started this one.

4. CrissCrisis

CrissCrisis Active Member

I am actually so hype for this! Sounds like you guys are putting in some great work, can't wait to see the end product!

5. CGOMER33

CGOMER33 Member

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!

6. MCMCaveman

MCMCaveman Well-Known Member

But the prior world was going to be made available:

7. InfiniteCorners

Owner
    I'm not entirely sure what they were thinking when they made those posts a year and a year and a half ago but I'm glad they never offered one. As long as I am an owner and have a say in the matter there will never be a world download offered unless it is after a hard reset. Given player tendency to build in the same locations as they previously have after a soft reset, offering a world download would compromise pretty much every player since quickly scrolling through the MCA files it would be easy to tell where the bases are simply by file size. Even if I wanted to offer a download, which I don't and never will, I've already told you in private message that those files no longer exist- they are nowhere on the server and all my backups are the current world only.
    There will not be a world download, not now or ever. I'm sorry if you've been lead to believe that might happen but it definitely will not because the files are gone. Even if there was a copy I would not be releasing it for the above mentioned reason. I hope that's clarified things for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. jflory7

jflory7 A Purple Jukebox Staff Member Founder Sysadmin

Congratulations @Flora_Fox17 on the well-deserved promotion. :)

• Like Like x 1