1. Welcome to the CrystalCraftMC website and forums, guest! If you are signing up to get Member, please use your EXACT Minecraft username as your website username to get the Member rank!

Autumn Events in CrystalCraftMC and Our Anniversary

Discussion in 'Official News & Announcements' started by jflory7, Aug 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jflory7

jflory7 A Purple Jukebox Staff Member Founder Sysadmin

Hey CrystalCrafters,

It’s been close to a full month since our last real front page news post, so it’s about time for some new news. The staff have been working very hard these past few weeks, and we’re pleased to announce three major events that we will be bringing to you in September and October!

[​IMG]

Skin Contest
    Opening today, we have a new special contest opening up: the CrystalCraftMC Skin Contests are finally returning! Some of you may remember the skin contests we held way in the past, and we learned just how creative some of you can be. We want to give you an opportunity to show your talent to the community by entering in our special skin contests!

The Skin Contest is being led by @321MCBlaster and @Marshox66, and they will be managing the entire contest. After the submission window closes, both of them and myself will act as judges, and we will choose winners from all of the submissions. We have great prizes planned for the entire contest, including a chance to have your skin placed right in spawn for the entire server to see, as well as normal goodies like ores, minerals, special tools, and more. If PvP isn’t quite your thing or if you have a secret artsy side, now is your chance to show it off!

For more information, read the announcement thread and the current contest thread (theme for September is Favorite Video Game Character)!

Scavenger Hunt
    The next event we plan on offering later on in September is a scavenger hunt! Some of you may remember our scavenger hunts of long ago, and we’re planning on bringing back the adventure, the story, and the loot once again! You will have to travel across the server world in seek of the final treasure and loot to plunder, all while learning more about some special characters and people in CrystalCraftMC.

The efforts for the Scavenger Hunt are being led by @MattDude234, the creative director, @fortify_45, the treasurer, as well as @UltimateAFS, @Nightling3, @Marshox66, @Tallguy102, and @Cynical_Horizon assisting as builders! We are still working on the details for the event, but we hope to be launching the first few clues of the hunt in mid-September. Watch the forums for more information as we get closer to starting the Hunt!

Also, we do have a few tricks up our sleeve for participants, so even if you’re not first ahead, there’s still a chance for you to strike it lucky, so you don’t have to be a world-class traveler to be successful in the hunt!

Fall Fair
    As some of you may remember last year, the CrystalCraftMC staff worked hard at preparing a full Fail Fair for October, but due to limitations of staff members at the time and lack of time, we were not able to open the fair. This year, we plan on opening and running the first ever CrystalCraftMC Fall Fair, full of minigames, events, prizes, a haunted house, and more! This will take place during October into November. This is the biggest project and also the farthest away, so we will announce more information regarding the fair soon.

Additional Note
    In case you didn’t notice, I have tried not to imply that these events are one-time events that will not happen again. On the contrary, we are hoping to run more events on the survival server on a regular basis, so this should provide a few more interesting challenges for all of you master miners, deadly PvPers, and/or creative designers. We are also listening to your suggestions! If you have ideas of what kind of events to run or how to make an event super awesome, suggest it in the forums! We’d love to hear what you guys think.

Our Anniversary
    Last but not least, CrystalCraftMC hit an incredible milestone this month. On August 12th, we officially hit our three year anniversary.

[​IMG]

For me, it’s hard to believe that we’ve been around this long as a community and how we have evolved and grown so much. Some of you have been around since the very beginning or at least a good couple of years, and in many ways, the CCMC community is almost like a second family for me. This server has been my pride and joy always since we opened, and as always, I plan on running CCMC until the day Minecraft dies.

Thanks again to all of you who help form our awesome community, and an especially large thanks to all current and old staff members who have helped me create what we know as CrystalCraftMC. I know it couldn’t do it without all of you, staff, players, alike… so with that, thanks all for a great past three years, and I can’t wait to take you all into our fourth year running as a Minecraft server.

With that in mind, I think this pretty much sums up our plans for autumn in the land of CrystalCraftMC. And for those who are curious, Project Midnight Sun is still being worked on, but it will be a little longer before we are fully ready to unveil just what we’ve been creating. Stay tuned! As always, I will see you guys online either the server or the forums.

Cheers,
    - @jflory7 and the CrystalCraftMC Staff​

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. dellman135

dellman135 Prune Juice.

I NEED SOMEONE TO ENABLE THE HYPEEEEEEEE TRAIN!!!

gz Flory! Best server owner <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Saphiria

Saphiria Active Member

Sounds great!

4. BillThePillCosby

BillThePillCosby Member

MUST FIND ONE OF THE MOST DETAILED SKINS XD

5. J_mine_craf7

J_mine_craf7 New Member

I have a couple questions are they for ccmc and are you allowed to submit more than once?

6. _stevoism_

_stevoism_ Web activity of OVER 9000! Staff Member Administrator

I assume you are referring to the skin contest. There is a sub forum section for all questions and submissions (https://crystalcraftmc.com/forums/server-contests.49/). I encourage you to go and scroll through the different questions that have been answered, like this one, which is yes. However, you can only win 1st,2nd or 3rd.

• Staff Approval Staff Approval x 1
  7. J_mine_craf7

J_mine_craf7 New Member

thx _stevoism_

8. BillThePillCosby

BillThePillCosby Member

Can't wait for the fall fest. But when is it lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. urbansith

urbansith Active Member

And the Sept contest winners are...

10. jflory7

jflory7 A Purple Jukebox Staff Member Founder Sysadmin

Plans are to launch this Friday / weekend. ;)

Today is the announcement day, stay posted!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.