1. Welcome to the CrystalCraftMC website and forums, guest! If you are signing up to get Member, please use your EXACT Minecraft username as your website username to get the Member rank!

Anecdotal: "Are you the Owner?!"

Discussion in 'Minecraft Discussion' started by JBreezeOnline, Mar 15, 2017.

1. JBreezeOnline

JBreezeOnline Active Member

I'm often on when few others are: daytime EST.
    Often enough, there'll be a new user login, and as soon as I welcome them to CCMC (and often before), I very often get a variation of:
    "are you the owner?"
    "R U OWNER?!"
    "where is owner i need owner"

Is there some unwritten rule/expectation somewhere that you must immediately parlay with the server owner before you actually play the game?

Just had to share this, as it's perplexed me for years of playing CCMC.

;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Wonckay

Wonckay Active Member

Usually it's a prelude to some shenanigans, regular players don't ask that kind of stuff. From hackers to people pretending to be Planet Minecraft reviewers, there's a subclass of MC players who go around from server to server trying to get administrative powers and trash servers, or just check to see there's no staff online and start spamming/advertising. Once in a while it's a legitimate request from someone who got stuck somewhere or something.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. JBreezeOnline

Thanks, @Wonckay. That's insightful. I assumed the intent was less than noble (as the grammar and capitalization of these requests on par with your typical YouTube comments).

;)

4. jflory7

jflory7 A Purple Jukebox Staff Member Founder Sysadmin

Oh, this. It's because for the past five years, I've secretly run a Bitcoin exchange in the black market and I've used trustworthy and secure Minecraft mutliplayer chat to conduct these operations. These people who are asking for me are probably looking to further negotiate deals on Bitcoin and black market operations from me. I normally instruct them to use the disguise of asking to review the server or to ask for OP so they blend in and it doesn't seem abnormal. So far, for the past five years, this has worked well.

From my profit in the black market, I was able to travel to Nigeria to meet a prince who emailed me this one time, and I got ten million dollars into my bank account! I've used this black market money to further expand and conduct business operations with Nigerian princes who are in critical situations where they face losing their family fortune and need an American bank account to funnel the money through.

Would recommend!

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Staff Approval Staff Approval x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. BlasterZX

BlasterZX The Almighty Blaster, Cheese on a Biscuit Lover

This whole time I've been thinking the prince was trying to scam me! I'll be sure to click the ad next time!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. JBreezeOnline

Brilliant!